Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Aluminum Swingarm Swap: Favorite Mod Ive Done

Bike: NCX700DCT
    The main reason I did it was because I hated the way it looked and when I saw how Wingriders looked with the better one I loved it.

I didnt spend a ton on it and Ive done a bunch of cosmetic mods like the tail delete that really makes the bike look better to me.

There are benifits, its much lighter I think more than my original estimate of 7lbs. Its a stronger better performance part overall.

I'm also not the type of person that will ever upgrade or buy another bike until this one is broken, stolen or not worth investing in. So making cosmetic changes that make the bike more of what I want are worth it to me.

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by fleetingyouth View Post
    The main reason I did it was because I hated the way it looked and when I saw how Wingriders looked with the better one I loved it.

I'm also not the type of person that will ever upgrade or buy another bike until this one is broken, stolen or not worth investing in. So making cosmetic changes that make the bike more of what I want are worth it to me.
    I like and respect this way of thinking. I'm the same way.
    My NC700x is by no means a sport bike, and that's OK with me since the hormonal need for speed has vanished overt the years. Although there are 3 things I love about it: fuel economy, practicality, and the looks. I've read a lot of post about swingarm conversions (mostly on sport bikes and cafe racers), and I always loved the look of the Hypermotards and VFR, and now I am curious to have this project going.

Just a quick question about your swap: do you happen to measure the dimensions of the OEM swingarm. Specifically the Pivot length, width and diameter? That would be great to have that info to cross reference with the specs mentioned in THIS OTHER THREAD.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the mod. It looks way better than stock!

Senior Member Aluminum Swingarm Swap: Favorite Mod Ive Done
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    The two cosmetic things I'd like to do on mine are the swingarm and tail tidy - not a big fan of the huge fender and the French integrated setup is pretty slick.

Beyond that, all I've considered is adding lighting.