Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC700x Crash bars

Bike: NC700x, Ural Red October, Royal Enfield G5, Triumph Bonneville T-100, Honda Super 90,BSA 250 star

NC700x Crash bars

Has anyone purchased the Mutazu crash bars for a NC700x? I'm looking for good protection and want a crash bar that is wider then the bike. Below is a link.

Mutazu Black 2 piece Engine Guard Highway Crash Bar for Honda NC700S N – Mutazu Inc.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by ranhart View Post
    Has anyone purchased the Mutazu crash bars for a NC700x? I'm looking for good protection and want a crash bar that is wider then the bike. Below is a link.

Mutazu Black 2 piece Engine Guard Highway Crash Bar for Honda NC700S N – Mutazu Inc.
    There are a few people here with them. I have been looking at them as well. Givi seems to be the most popular. Someone did say you have to take off the left one if you're going to check the valves.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Bike: 2013 Super Tenere, 2006 Husky 610

Had them on my bike, they were fine. I also had the standard Honda one, No issues running both.
    ”Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.”

Bike: NC700x, Ural Red October, Royal Enfield G5, Triumph Bonneville T-100, Honda Super 90,BSA 250 star
    Do the Mutazu crash bars give better protection?

Bike: 2013 Super Tenere, 2006 Husky 610
    Do the Mutazu crash bars give better protection?
    Completely different. I don't think the Honda bars would do anything in a crash, they are more of a light bar.
    The Mutazu bars are good for dirt fall overs and low speed wrecks. I think in a high speed layover they would probably damage the bike. They bolt on in one section, and "clamp" to the frame.
    I purposely laided my bike on it's side in the grass (bags not on) to see and nothing but my tires and the Mutazu bar was touching the ground.

This was my bike... (I traded it for a Husky TE610 to do more offload and got a Super Tenere as my main touring adv bike)

NC700x Crash bars-7-jpgNC700x Crash bars-6-jpgNC700x Crash bars-5-jpgNC700x Crash bars-1-jpg
    ”Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.”

Bike: X-Adventure, Triumph Explorer 1200, 1989 Honda Dominator
    Imho the Givi's are the most robust and best engineered without being overkill. Their only weak point is poor paint cover which is done without an undercoat. Sometimes an excess of protective tubing can otherwise spoil the look of a bike. Crashbars are a necessary evil that I personally would otherwise do without if there was a viable alternative.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Bike: 84 Goldwing, 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2012 Goldwing
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinfree.00 View Post
    There are a few people here with them. I have been looking at them as well. Givi seems to be the most popular. Someone did say you have to take off the left one if you're going to check the valves.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    That was me. Don't have to take take the bar off. Just remove the top U-bolt so you have room to remove the plug to see engine crank position. Make sure you put anti-seize on the U-bolt threads as they are stainless steel and will gall and you will not be able to unthread (remove) them and they snap. I replaced with steel galvanized ones from fastenal. I like the bars. If you wanted to you could make or have made for you from a awning shop some covers to block wind when it gets cold and you want to ride some more.

Bike: 84 Goldwing, 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2012 Goldwing

Here you go the best price as of a couple of weeks ago was here.

KIJIMA : Engine Guard [405-231]

The u-bolts are stainless steel so you need to put anti seize or some lubricant on the nut or u-bolt when you tighten it otherwise it will Gall and you cannot take them off. I had this problem and I went to Fastenal and got some u-bolts that worked although I had to shorten them down with a hacksaw. You have to take the right u-bolt off when you adjust the valves every 16 thousand miles. Not a big deal.

All the bars that I have seen are close in to the bike and if dropped the bike will lay completely on it's side. Right on top of your leg. I understand this type of guard if you are truly going off road. But the majority of us will not. I go on gravel roads with all my bikes. GW1800, ST1300, CBR 1100XX, and the NC700. I am more interested in my leg protection so I looked for bars that were the classic stand out from the bike. I found them on WeBike.com. They allow you to be able to pick the bike up a lot easier from a drop too. With barkbuster's and these bars you should be covered for a low speed drop. You can also put hwy pegs on them for an additional riding position. Aux lights would be easily mounted on them although that is back a little from the main headlight.
    Last edited by NCGUY; 19th February 2018 at 07:39.

Senior Member NC700x Crash bars superdedooperman's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 Red Honda NC700X
    Just put them on mine, as well. I like the look of them and wanted the added "lay down" protection. I'm also in the process of mounting aux lights on them.

I got mine for $149 and free shipping off eBay from Mutazu themselves. Search for Mutazu crash bars for Honda NC700x and you'll find them. I'm very pleased with them.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I bought a pair from ebay as well. They look well made and sturdy. Unfortunately, mine were scratched pretty badly. Deep scratches- looked like they were on a bike that was dropped in gravel. I don’t think that’s the case, there was no evidence that they were ever mounted. I promptly received a pre-paid return label and Mutazu asked for pictures as well. I just received notice that they got the bars and will send new ones soon. I’m in no hurry since my bike is in storage anyway. This makes me happy that I ordered from a company that is here in the states; international shipping and return always adds time,