Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen

Bike: 2017 NC750X

Windscreen

Hi folks. I bought a NC750X yesterday and I want to buy a taller windshield. I read older threads and I was looking for more current info. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam. I am considering a Madstad or Givi. I would really like to get opinions. Cheers Greg

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    If you get one from either Revzilla or Twisted Throttle, and you dont like it, they will exchange/refund easily. I have tried a number of things from both and returned them without issue.

Just dont take a rock and crack it.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Super Moderator Windscreen 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    While I never bought the Givi windscreen or tried one, feedback from another user suggests that the height of the Givi puts the wind blast right at your neck, or face. My experience is that you are best to have clean air, i.e. no windscreen, or have the wind pass above your helmet, i.e. Madstad. The owner I spoke to cut his Givi down a couple inches, in attempt to lower the Windblast. That experiment apparently was futile, since he ended up with a Madstad.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X DCT (Black)
    A spoiler could also help as well. I just got a Givi (its in the mail) from another user here. I will see how it goes. It has a spoiler with it. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    https://raven.deckyon.com

Kentuckiana NC Forum Group:
    https://nc700-forum.com/forum/groups/kentuckiana-ncs.html

NC700 Reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NC700x

Senior Member Windscreen dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    20" Madstad and Bob's your uncle.

The design of the Madstad does allow air to come up through a slot formed between the shield and the motorcycle however the flow pretty much stays laminar and attached to the back side of the screen which makes the cockpit remarkably quiet and without the usual wind & turbulence that whips around the sides of traditional designs. When the air flowing up the back of the screen reattaches to the flow rising up off the front it doesn't become turbulent and noisy and the clean flow directs bugs up and over the helmet. That is just my experience with the Madstad compared to other traditional screens. I like looking over, not through a screen, and the Madstad is so effective it keeps wind off my face though the top of it is well below line of sight. Not a looker though, definitely function over form.
    Last edited by dduelin; 7th February 2018 at 19:12.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: NC700X
    I just bought a NC700X and put the 24" Parabellum shield on. What I like about the Parabellem shield is that it fits tightly to the headlight unlike the Madstad. I don't want air coming in from the bottom of the shield. I read that some customers were concerned about headlight glare, but my shield came with the Black rubber fitting that prevents any glare. Very nice.

Bike: 2012 NC700XA
    I have a 18" Madstad, and wish I got the 20" one. It worked quite well, but I built up the seat another inch and now the shield doesn't quite get the air cleanly over my helmet. I'm 5'11"

I do get a lot of glair but I hear that that it is a non-issue on the newer ones.

Bike: X-Adventure, Triumph Explorer 1200, 1989 Honda Dominator
    I used the Honda Touring screen on my 2012. It is more solidly mounted than most and because of that it doesn't deflect at speed.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Member Windscreen
    Bike: NC700Xdct,CRF250L,NT700VA
    I tried a Vstream on Palmer bracket and MRA Vario, did not like either. I'm 5'8 with 33in inseam. I'm using a 18 Madstad. Airflow is smooth with no buffeting. My helmet is a Shoie RF-1200 with vents at the top. There is a lot of wind noise in my helmet. I duct taped the vents and wear foam ear plugs. Has anyone tried the Gustuffson Plastics shield Honda NC 700 X 2012 - 2016 18" Tall 23 Wide 4 Holes – Gustafsson Plastics ?

Bike: NC700 DCT Motus MST
    Air needs to flow over one's helmet to be quiet but is more turbulent than no shield air. A pocket of still air at the helmet is the objective. Other airflow is irrelevant.
    For safety reasons the top of the shield needs to be as high as possible but allow a forward view over it of approximately 1 - 1 1/2 vehicle lengths. Looking through the shield is unsafe.
    I 'edged' my tall clear Parbellum with black marker pen to eliminate shield edge light glare. It now has an OEM finished look. All of the above: MHO and 55+ years in the saddle.