Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventurizing my NC700X

Bike: 95 VFR, 12 NC700X

Adventurizing my NC700X

Well with a little over 55k on my NC, I am planning a trip up north in BC this summer on & off road and have decided to take the NC. I started by reading all the great posts here and after reading North Shore South Shore | Two wheels move the soul two brothers go from Canada to Argentina on NC700's. Now I have a pair of Continental TKC80's mounted on a second set of wheels, Krator Kawasaki pegs, tusk 1" bar risers, Hepco & Becker Engine Guards & Skid Plate. I am looking forward to some alternative routes! I have taken her on fire roads & gravel but with the street tires it wasn't much fun. Thanks to all who have shared their changes, it is appreciated!!!

Gary

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Enjoy! If you haven't, I would add a radiator guard, front fender extender and perhaps some form of protection for your front fork tubes.

Bike: 2012 NC700X & many others.....
    Pics of the Beast, please..........

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    I would add hand guards and a mount for spare fuel.
    If you expect anything more testing than a gravel road you should consider a suspension upgrade.

I ride on gravel roads all the time and the nc stock is fine.
    Actual off road is another story.

This shows me riding with the stock suspension and street tires in pasture and woods.
    This video is longer than I would make it today, but it does show how much front end dive you get from a bump like the dry creek bed.

Off road on my Honda NC 700x dct - YouTube
    Last edited by Hank; 29th January 2018 at 06:32.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Pictures as soon as I get all the parts in...., yes I did put a Radiator guard on, I will look for fork gators soon. I understand the limitations of the NC in heavy off road, but then again at 55 years old I am not looking to replicate what I used to do in my teens and early 20s Lucky to still be on the planet! I figure that the NC has better off road capability then my 94 VFR which I have ridden on all sorts of terrain in her 117,000 miles : )
    Last edited by V-FORE; 29th January 2018 at 19:46.

Bike: 2016 NC700XD
    Did you have to modify the Krator pegs to make them fit? Surely they are not a bolt up install.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltex rider View Post
    Did you have to modify the Krator pegs to make them fit? Surely they are not a bolt up install.
    f

Yes, just had to grind off a little. A bargin!! Great pegs, I love them much more comfortable for standing on then the stock pegs.

From the post Footpeg replacement on the cheap post #17 (Thank you!)

"Having had more than my share of gravy and biscuits over the years, I figured if I was gonna trust some el cheapo footpegs, they were gonna have to be solid. These Krator Kawasaki pegs smithb9 recommended seemed a bit more substantial than the Suzuki ones L.B.S. used (no offense meant). Plus, as much fun as fabricating an aluminum bushing sounds, the KLR pegs already have the right size hole. I did get to use my aforementioned mill to remove the 2 areas circled in red below. The pegs fit without removing them, but they prevent the footpegs from folding and you never know when you might find yourself in a footpeg-dragging moment and wake up in a ditch with a busted up bike, because your footpeg grabbed some pavement and sent you flying.

Footpeg replacement on the cheap-pegs-jpg"

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    link took me to Brownells. Do you have a photo of the modified footpads....
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Bike: NC700X
    You will see more wildlife in Canada than even Alaska. Not as many Grizzlies, but lots and lots of black bears...
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures of the new skid plate, pegs, engine guards & Rad cover. As soon as I put the other wheels/tires on her I will get better photos.Adventurizing my NC700X-img_1695-jpgAdventurizing my NC700X-img_1695-jpgAdventurizing my NC700X-img_1696-jpgAdventurizing my NC700X-img_1697-jpgAdventurizing my NC700X-img_1698-jpgAdventurizing my NC700X-img_1699-jpg
    Last edited by V-FORE; 11th March 2018 at 10:00.