Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear/Tail brake lights installation questions

Senior Member Rear/Tail brake lights installation questions FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    You're right about the cracked license plate issue, but I think the way Admore addressed that by including the two metal mounting plates that connect vertically on either side of the license plate to support the light bar, should alleviate the issue, they're decent sized pieces. They also took into consideration different heights of license plate by providing a crease mark in the two plates so that you can shorten them if necessary. I'll check for the exact model # and post back later.
    Last edited by FezUSA; 8th October 2017 at 07:19.
    --
    Fez

Senior Member Rear/Tail brake lights installation questions FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    New Posi-Taps arrived so last night I dropped the rear fender cover and connected in my right indicator wire, tested and then put the cables back in the clip that I had previously forgot about, and then after taking a picture (electrical) taped it up and put the cover back on. Very very happy with this set up.

Rear/Tail brake lights installation questions-20171010_175234-crop-web-jpg

Rear/Tail brake lights installation questions-20171010_175255-crop-web-jpg

Also, here's a picture of the 2 metal plates that they provide if you're going to install the light bar at the bottom of your license plate. They put a crease in them in case you have a 4" plate and need them to be shorter. They look like they should support the bar quite easily and fix the problem of the actual license plate holding the bar and eventually breaking due to fatigue. That's a quarter for size reference, and you can also see the p/n on the box for anyone interested in the specific model I bought. It is the small premium bar, so it has modulating brake light, tail light, progressive indicators, a white flashing center vertical strip of LED's that are on while the brake lights are on solid, and a white downward facing LED to light up the license plate if needed. There's a USB port on the back covered by a weatherproof insert and it comes with a cable that allows you to connect it to your computer. You can then download their free software to further customize the lights. There is an Android version of the software also I believe. All mounting hardware and Posi-Taps are included, although you need to make sure that it works for your particular install and to be careful not to drop any pieces in to the bike!! Spare Posi-Taps on hand are always a good idea I learned!!

Rear/Tail brake lights installation questions-20171011_062652-web-jpg
    --
    Fez