Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED Spot Lights

Bike: 2013 NC700X, 2002 Honda VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    You should really get the accessories sub harness, and add a switch on the handlebars. This way you get proper after ignition power to prevent any drain, and you can easily turn on / off. And if you put the accessories connectors in front of the frunk (accessible through the trap door) wiring is a snap.
    Do you mean this?
    BRAND NEW GENUINE HONDA 2016 NC700X NC 700 OEM 12V ACCESSORY SOCKET SUB HARNESS | eBay

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bike: NC750XD
    Yes, but you also need a standard relay and a 7,5 A fuse (they go in the relay box left of the battery, everything is alread pre wired and plug and play). You can get them separately if you don't find a complete kit.

Then you decide if you sacrify the connectors or get male 3 way connectors (only two being wired) to match the sub harness and avoid any modification.

The sub harness gives you 3 to 4 connectors to plug things in. On mine I have heated grips, LED lights and a USB power. You should not exceed 7 amps though.

Senior Member LED Spot Lights
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X & 1999 Honda Valkyrie Torer
    Where are you mounting them? I don't have a light bar nor engine guard on my NC. I would like to find clamps that would fit on the front fork assembly stationary part. Lights look good. Lots of deer, skunks, ground hogs and opossums at night here to look out for. Also, are you running separate switch with relay for new lights?

I have Givi crashbars, ideal location for lights. With the accessories sub harness you already have a relay, I just added a handlebar switch in-line with the lights.

Thanks Jos. I ordered the GIVI crashbars a few days back from Twisted Throttle. Thanks for the pic, I am now able to visualize what my setup will look like. Do you know where you got the standard relay and the 7.5A fuse from?

Relay and fuse were included in the accessories sub harness pack I ordered. The Honda part is 08A70-MGS-D30. I think those are pretty standard 40A relay and small factor car / bike fuse you may find in car / bike shop parts. But it looks like the Honda kit can be found for reasonable money.

For connectors, to avoid modifying the harness, look for motorcycle 3 way connectors 2.8mm terminals. Got mine from Banggood but shipping takes some time.
    Last edited by Jos; 31st January 2018 at 15:50.

I ordered the Honda sub-harness Lit. This thread talked about another Relay kit and I ordered that as well.
    Wiring fuse box - Switched Power Source wiring help!

Hopefully, it will all come together just as good as yours!
    Last edited by muffintop; 31st January 2018 at 16:13.

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT
    This will be my next (last) farkle. Thanks For putting together such a complete description of the project and all of the components.
    >T
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.
    The idea is to die young as late as possible.

I did the install today. After I put the bike together, I still see 2 screws and 3 clips left behind. Crap! I could not find any hole with a missing clip/screw. Everything seems solid and in place. I need to take a closer look tomorrow morning. I should have taken notes or pics of everything.

Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by muffintop View Post
    I did the install today. After I put the bike together, I still see 2 screws and 3 clips left behind. Crap! I could not find any hole with a missing clip/screw. Everything seems solid and in place. I need to take a closer look tomorrow morning. I should have taken notes or pics of everything.

I know this doesn't help now, but when I'm taking the the plastic off I store the clips and screws in the exact holes they come out of on the bike.