Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh look, It's another NC700X Adventure Build

Bike: 2015 Honda NC700X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    What would the effect be of the linkages only? Would it tilt the bike? I would like another inch or two in height.
    It would just raise the rear. Mostly people who ride sport bikes that want a little more responsiveness in the front with out breaking the bank go with linkages. It makes the front and rear suspension stiffen up and changes the downward angle of the bike for more aggressive road riding. It would essentially make the NC700 more like a sportbike-ish but at the same time the NC700 doesn't have that negative of a slope so it wouldn't be ridiculous. However the seat slope that already pushes you into the frunk would be much worse. I haven't done only the linkages because I got my fork extensions first and I didn't want a negatively sloped bike off-road so what I say is based off previous experience with other bikes and knowledge of bike dynamics, no actual experience on the NC with raising linkages only. Thank you for your commentary and I hope this response helped you out.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bike: NC750X
    Hi

The byke look nice, question where did you get the set of shorter rear linkages to raise the bike.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJJ View Post
    Hi

The byke look nice, question where did you get the set of shorter rear linkages to raise the bike.

Thanks
    Hello DJJ,
    I bought the shorter linkages off ebay actually. They're actually really good quality as they are steel and even thicker than the stock ones. I paid $22.50 GBP which was like 25 or 30 bucks USD I'm pretty sure. Came from Great Britain so they took about a week and a half to get here but they were definitely worth the wait. I bought links that provide a 40mm rise (~1.5 inches) but they also make 25mm raising links (~1 inch) as well. You can probably just look up "NC700X Rear Linkages" or "NC700X Jack Up Kit" in eBay and find some.

Bike: nc700x DCT
    I just put on the 2" fork extensions. Huge difference. Question, did you drop the front forks flush with the triple tree or did you keep a bit up to ease potential stress on the brake line?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dlathroum View Post
    I just put on the 2" fork extensions. Huge difference. Question, did you drop the front forks flush with the triple tree or did you keep a bit up to ease potential stress on the brake line?

I went ahead and put the extensions right close to flush. I haven't had any issues with brake line yet but I plan on getting a new line when or if I get handlebar risers later on. Right now it does look slightly taught but it doesn't bind anywhere and I still have a clean curvature in the brake line with no kinks. I would recommend no going the full length to help preserve the brake line and if you're gonna go the full length or more, go ahead and invest in a new brake line as well. I really hope you like the extra two inches up front though! It does throw the stock geometry of the bike off a little bit but it's not ridiculous though. Oversized tires will change the feel and slow the front end down in the curves the most, but my tail riser links I put on solved that issue strangely enough.

I remember reading you raised the rear. Im 80% on road so i havent gone that route yet. AH i didnt even consider the bar risers with the brake line. I have some 22mm risers on the way! Any links or help on where i could find a longer brake line? Ive looked around a little but no success unless i want to spend $150.

Senior Member Oh look, It's another NC700X Adventure Build GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Just FYI I installed 22mm risers on my 2015 DCT with no adjustments to the brake lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dlathroum View Post
    I remember reading you raised the rear. Im 80% on road so i havent gone that route yet. AH i didnt even consider the bar risers with the brake line. I have some 22mm risers on the way! Any links or help on where i could find a longer brake line? Ive looked around a little but no success unless i want to spend $150.
    I don't know where you could find one for fairly cheap. May have to look around the forum page a bit because I'm not too sure where to get one from.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobRobinson5 View Post
    I don't know where you could find one for fairly cheap. May have to look around the forum page a bit because I'm not too sure where to get one from.

Installed. New lines not needed!

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X, 2014 F6B1800
    I am new to this site, and this is an old post, but, I went to the vtxtreme.com site but they do not list the NC700x. what model bike did you buy the fork extensions for?