Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh look, It's another NC700X Adventure Build

Bike: 2015 Honda NC700X DCT
    This was what I was gonna tell y'all about before my stupid computer sent an incomplete post earlier today. Anyways, here is the extension I made out of some scrap wood, bolts, nuts, rubber, hot glue, and a little Flex-Seal. See what y'all think about it. Seems pretty solid to me but only time will tell I reckon.

Oh look, It's another NC700X Adventure Build-img_20170628_081747466-jpg

Senior Member Oh look, It's another NC700X Adventure Build belrix's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Silver NC700X
    Great job on the build!

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Very interesting. I am 6'3" and almost the only thing I am missing on this bike is a little more seat / ride height.
    Well, and cruise control.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

Just a little quick update on the bike I guess. Sorry I don't have any pictures this go around but I have some adventures I'd like to share. Note: it is a long read and I apologise for that in advance.

So since "lifting" my NC700X I've found her to be much more capable off-road.
    My first adventure I'd like to share is at a place up near Ellijay off highway 52. A route through the woods called Springer Mountain that brings you back out on 60 near Suches, GA. For those of you that know where I'm talking about you know the terrain is pretty much just regular ol gravel/dirt road. For those of you who don't, well, there you go lol. That's became the preferred route to get to TWO in Suches now. Well a few days ago before you get to a Y that either takes you out right near TWO or out to the fish hatchery, there's a road that spurs off to the left. Well it ends in a fork as well except the fork actually makes a loop with a campsite at the the "top" of the loop. Well a guy on an NC700X (me) and two dudes on Vstroms decided to go down the right side and quickly find boulders. Essentially a trail meant for either souped up Jeeps or like a CRF250X was being rode up with 500+ pound machines. I got plum giddy with excitement when I seen the trail ahead due to my enduro background even on a heavy under-suspended bike. Well the poor fellas on the Vstroms couldn't quite handle there machines as well as I could with there street bike backgrounds. So while they were struggling to find a line I was flying past them hopping boulders here and there. They're only response was "you're gonna tear that bike up". Yeah guess who came out of the woods that day with stuff tore up. Definitely wasn't me... Can't say the same for those V-Stroms but that's a Suzuki for ya lol.

So anyways, that's adventure number one which the NC done with ease. On to adventure #2 which consists of a small forestry road with huge rocks, deep mudholes, some creeks, and just a couple log crossings named Forestry Road 28-2 up near Blue Ridge off 52 as well just past Amnicolola Falls. This adventure actually happened a while before adventure #1 but I wanted to start with the other. So 28-2 was not originally found by me but the two V-Stroms I ride with frequently. They decided they were gonna throw me a loop by taking down a "difficult" road and not telling me till it got rough. Well when they noticed mud, dust, rocks, and (quite literally) my bike flying up ahead of them they figured out that they didn't get me as good as they thought they had. After hopping some logs and rocks and playing in the mud a little I decided to be nice and ride in the back just in case they needed help on there almighty liter bikes. Turns out they did, a lot. Plus a little rant here: if there's a tree in the road or a huge mudhole across the road or something big call it out, but if there's a twig in the road or a small puddle or a few hopping rocks up ahead don't call it out. Only thing I heard in my headset all day was "stick, stick, rock, stick, rock, mud, stick, mud, rock, rock, rock, rock, ....., A stick laying in the mud with a rock beside it" but that's just for the offroad guys. Street people, keep doing your thing. But anyways, 28-2 was also built for lifted trucks, Jeeps, and bikes like a CRF250L due to it not being so gnarly but definitely a fun road none the less.

Now my final adventure ends with a leaking engine case on my buddies V-Strom when his rear sprocket broke and the chain came flying off. Prior to that we were just past the fish hatchery and we're almost to highway 60 when we took a detour over a bridge. On this road we found a very good mix of creek crossing, muddy spots, rocks, and a few natural jumps in the road. Well the first time we went down we found a dead end so we came back out to the trailhead and knowing we didn't pass anybody on the way out, the road was vacant and I knew a spot I really wanted to just rip the NC down. Well in an attempt to show how macho their "man bikes" are, they followed me... Well they followed from about a quarter mile back within my dust cloud I like to think. But like I said it had some natural jumps in the road and it was an uphill straight away with just a slight bend with flat curves at the bottom and at the top. The NC felt like an overgrown dirt bike when I flat tracked it through the curve, sent it over those few jumps, and flat tracked it around the second curve. Suprisingly the bike, even though heavy and under-suspended, didn't miss a beat and just glided up through there. The same can't be said by the V-Strom riders I was with as one dumped his in the curve a few times and the other was struggling to keep his bike upright over 30 MPH on gravel. But that was the part of the day in which my friend's bike decided to tear you shortly after going through that section.

So that's really all the good stories I have for the NC's new found abilities. I promise pictures and/or more mods next time. Till then, be safe and ride on!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Oh look, It's another NC700X Adventure Build
    Bike: 2017 Grom, 2016 CRF1000LD, 2013 CRF250L, 2000 XR200R, 1972 CT90, 2002 TRX350ES
    I know those roads pretty well, , I live in Dahlonega!!

Quote Originally Posted by JacobRobinson5 View Post
    So since "lifting" my NC700X I've found her to be much more capable off-road.
    My first adventure I'd like to share is at a place up near Ellijay off highway 52. A route through the woods called Springer Mountain that brings you back out on 60 near Suches, GA.
    That road is Forest Road 42 that goes from Doublehead Gap Rd through to Hwy 60 in Suches

So anyways, that's adventure number one which the NC done with ease. On to adventure #2 which consists of a small forestry road with huge rocks, deep mudholes, some creeks, and just a couple log crossings named Forestry Road 28-2 up near Blue Ridge off 52 as well just past Amnicolola Falls.

But anyways, 28-2 was also built for lifted trucks, Jeeps, and bikes like a CRF250L due to it not being so gnarly but definitely a fun road none the less.
    I have no idea where 28-2 is?? 28-1 runs from Nimblewill Church Road through to the Ranger Camp. There is a place where a road forks to the left & that is "Winding Steps" Rd & goes to FR-42. If you are at the 28-1 & Nimblewill Church Rd intersection & go west you will get to Nimblewill Gap Rd. After a few miles of intermediate skill level riding you will arrive at an intersection of the amicalola Rd (Usually Gated) & the Appalachian Approach Trail. If you follow the Nimblewill Gap Road direction the Road name changes to "Old Bucktown Rd". His road eventually gets you to the paved road, , Roy Rd!! Old Bucktown Rd is a bit more challenging, , with Rocks & Ruts!! Is this perhaps the road you are describing as 28-2??[/QUOTE]

Prior to that we were just past the fish hatchery and we're almost to highway 60 when we took a detour over a bridge.
    I know this road well!! There are a lot of side roads that go to campsites & fishing spots but the main road goes all the way through to the gravel portion of Doublehead Gap road just West of Hwy 60!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred_bham View Post
    I know those roads pretty well, , I live in Dahlonega!!

That road is Forest Road 42 that goes from Doublehead Gap Rd through to Hwy 60 in Suches

I have no idea where 28-2 is?? 28-1 runs from Nimblewill Church Road through to the Ranger Camp. There is a place where a road forks to the left & that is "Winding Steps" Rd & goes to FR-42. If you are at the 28-1 & Nimblewill Church Rd intersection & go west you will get to Nimblewill Gap Rd. After a few miles of intermediate skill level riding you will arrive at an intersection of the amicalola Rd (Usually Gated) & the Appalachian Approach Trail. If you follow the Nimblewill Gap Road direction the Road name changes to "Old Bucktown Rd". His road eventually gets you to the paved road, , Roy Rd!! Old Bucktown Rd is a bit more challenging, , with Rocks & Ruts!! Is this perhaps the road you are describing as 28-2??

I know this road well!! There are a lot of side roads that go to campsites & fishing spots but the main road goes all the way through to the gravel portion of Doublehead Gap road just West of Hwy 60!![/QUOTE]Yes! That's exactly the roads I am talking about! There's a little bitty sign that says 28-2 on the side of the entrance but that's exactly it! Awesome to know somebody on here knows where all this is too! We're over here close to Dalton in Northwest Georgia so we kinda just find places to get lost over towards Blue Ridge and Dahlonega most of the time lol

Bike: 2017 Grom, 2016 CRF1000LD, 2013 CRF250L, 2000 XR200R, 1972 CT90, 2002 TRX350ES
    This small sign that says 28-2 is at the Bridge that crosses the creek?? The road you tun from to cross the bridge is the one the Fish Hatchery is on!!

Have I got the right road?? If so, , , I didn't know that was 28-2, , , I'll ride up there Wed or Thurs & look for that sign!!

Oh, , , I misspoke, , that road goes through to the Paved side of Doublehead Gap Rd just West of Hwy 60!!
    Last edited by Alfred_bham; 30th July 2017 at 19:23.

Attachment 34231

I stand corrected!!

#1 is Nimblewill Gap Rd. (aka 28-2)

# 2 is Bucktown Rd. (aka 28-2)

# 3 is Winding Stairs Rd

# 1 is a great two track road for motorcycles

# 2 is a bit more difficult due to the Rocks etc

The road off the Fish Hatchery Rd (Across the bridge) is not 28-2

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred_bham View Post
    Attachment 34231

I stand corrected!!

#1 is Nimblewill Gap Rd. (aka 28-2)

# 2 is Bucktown Rd. (aka 28-2)

# 3 is Winding Stairs Rd

# 1 is a great two track road for motorcycles

# 2 is a bit more difficult due to the Rocks etc

The road off the Fish Hatchery Rd (Across the bridge) is not 28-2
    Yes that sounds right to me! That road was pretty fun cause I love the rocky stuff where my friends weren't so fond of it. Now that I know these road names I can actually tell people where I'm going!

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    What would the effect be of the linkages only? Would it tilt the bike? I would like another inch or two in height.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]