Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation

Senior Member Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and InstallationFobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation PortlandZinMan's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 NC700X DCT

Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation

A friend of mine has been running these on his two bikes for over a year without an issue - on a ride a few weeks ago, I saw him whip out his iPhone and announce he was doublechecking his tire pressure. I was intrigued as it is something I do before every ride with a manual gauge and it is a pain in the arse...

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a set for the NC at $99 on Amazon. Installation was SUPER easy IF you follow the instructions - there is a definite order to things.

Some things of note – the instructions indicate that metal valve stems are preferred but good condition rubber ones are fine, but need to be monitored. Again, my friend indicated he had no issues with wheel balance or a new set of rubber valve stems, so I am going to risk it (grin) and switch to metal on the next tire change.

Upon installation, I immediately got tire pressure indication on my iPhone that were almost dead on from my professional tire pressure gauge. I also really like the temperature indicators as well.

(Later) actually read the manual all the way through and found a really cool feature - if you are riding with your helmet comms connected to your phone (for example a Sena headset), the Fobo will warn you with an audible alarm if it detects a low pressure condition (like running over a nail). I REALLY like that!! That makes the $99 worth it - that early warning could be a life saver!

Photos are below and I’ll post a follow-up in a few weeks…

Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation-img_5584-jpgFobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation-img_5585-jpgFobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation-img_5586-jpgFobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation-img_5588-jpgFobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation-img_5589-jpg
    Last edited by PortlandZinMan; 24th May 2017 at 17:10.
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Senior Member Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    So the 2016 model has 90⁰ valve stems, wonder how/if that changes things?! Pretty cool otherwise!
    --
    Fez

Senior Member Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and InstallationFobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation PortlandZinMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FezUSA View Post
    So the 2016 model has 90⁰ valve stems, wonder how/if that changes things?! Pretty cool otherwise!
    According to the reviews, no issues with the 90 degree stems.
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Senior Member Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by FezUSA View Post
    It changes things for the better. At speed the vertical rubber stem is bent over against the rim. Scary. Nothing but 83 degree metal stems on my bikes.

Ariete 11970-ALL RACING VALVES-SIL 11.3MM
    Last edited by dduelin; 24th May 2017 at 18:29.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD

Bike: NC700X
    Curious about theft. Can someone just come around and unscrew it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 Red NC700X - Givi FZ1111, Shad Comfort Seat, Moose Racing 47L Expedition Trunk, Barkbuster Storm, Adjustable levers, Denali Light Bracket, generic LED driving lights

Quote Originally Posted by kumatae View Post
    Curious about theft. Can someone just come around and unscrew it?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No issue....Two things - a set reverse screw makes just reaching down and unscrewing it almost impossible - also, it is "registered" to my log in and not usable to anyone else.
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Quote Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
    At speed the vertical rubber stem is bent over against the rim. Scary. Nothing but 83 degree metal stems on my bikes.
    Not true. I researched this - but you are correct...metal stems are better and I will switch on next tire change.
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Senior Member Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    I've been wanting a set of these pretty bad. I've held off because I worry about adding stress to the valve stems, but I'd assume there'd be stories on the Internet, if there were problems.

I have a question though, when a tire does lose some pressure and you have to add air is there a lot of hassle involved?

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)

Quote Originally Posted by GunNut37086 View Post
    I've been wanting a set of these pretty bad. I've held off because I worry about adding stress to the valve stems, but I'd assume there'd be stories on the Internet, if there were problems.

I have a question though, when a tire does lose some pressure and you have to add air is there a lot of hassle involved?
    Adding air is a snap - they supply a cool tool to disengage the theft deterrent and you are good to go...
    Don
    PortlandZinMan
    2014 NC700 DCT
    Portland, OR

Senior Member Fobo Bike Bluetooth TPMS - Unboxing and Installation
    Bike: 2014 NC700 dct
    i have been using these for over one year. i have not had a problem.