Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switchback LED front turn signals

Senior Member Switchback LED front turn signals FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    To each their own, but I’m not sure of the benefit of having a switching white and amber LED behind an amber lens. My guess is you would have a pale amber running light and a rich amber turn signal. Perhaps that is your goal.

When speaking of conservation of current draw, that makes sense if you’re adding more accessories to the bike with constant draw. However conservation for the sake of lights alone and no additional loads will be of no benefit because the simple voltage regulator in the NC just dumps the excess generated power in the form of heat.
    The DRL's are a constant draw, 5W (each?) I believe when using the stock incandescent, with the flash going to 21W. This would drop to 3.1 (each?) with the ones I linked to. While not a huge savings for the DRL, that alone will offset at least one of the sets of LED spots/floods that I plan on adding, which will also be a constant draw.

I think you're right I would have a pale amber DRL and a rich amber turn light. While not a goal per se I would be OK with that as it would mean I should have a clearly separate signal that should be very visible. Worst case if I don't like it is that I go buy the clear lenses.
    --
    Fez

Member Switchback LED front turn signals
    Bike: 2015 NC700XD
    I just ordered the suggested bulbs and the second flasher (from E-Bay) and the suggested clear lenses (from Amazon). Total cost is abouot $50, seems a worthy farkle. The lenses were cheaper on Amazon than from SpotZilla.

Ugh. Ordered the clear lenses. Arrived. Went to change them and NaNCy already has clear. Anyone need a set?

Ugh. Ordered the bulbs and flasher. Both went to my son's place in Illinois.

Ugh. Ordered the DCT skid plate. It went to Illinois too.

Yeah! Found these lights on Amazon. Ordered a set for each of us. Merry Christmas, Adam. Amazon.com: HonsCreat 2.5" Car COB LED Fog Light Projector White Angel Eye Halo Ring DRL Driving Bulbs White: Automotive

Something new: turn on the key, turn on the 4-ways, turn off the key. 4-ways continue to flash. Assume this is how it's supposed to work.

Super Moderator Switchback LED front turn signals 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, Ruckus 50, KLX140L
    Quote Originally Posted by cattmando View Post
    Something new: turn on the key, turn on the 4-ways, turn off the key. 4-ways continue to flash. Assume this is how it's supposed to work.
    That's how it's supposed to work. Good for you, as mine doesn't work that way after the mod, but I'm not concerned
    Greg
    AMA Life Member
    "230,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX

Bike: 2012 NC700XA
    Quote Originally Posted by cattmando View Post
    Yeah! Found these lights on Amazon. Ordered a set for each of us. Merry Christmas, Adam. Amazon.com: HonsCreat 2.5" Car COB LED Fog Light Projector White Angel Eye Halo Ring DRL Driving Bulbs White: Automotive
    I went a different route but was considering those lights for some supplementary lighting. I would be curious to hear your thoughts on brightness/beam pattern once you get them.