Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation

Senior Member Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80

Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation

The Evitek G6 H4/9003 LED bulb is a plug and play replacement for the OEM 60/55 watt halogen bulb. It's available on Amazon for $43-$45 for a pair. This bulb has been installed in some ST1300s including mine and demonstrates a good tight beam pattern with a pure bright white light. I will report back after some night riding on the NC700X but in the ST1300 it's a very good light pattern, does not provoke flashing from oncoming traffic, and is noticeable brighter and projects further. On my bikes the white light output matches the LED accessory lighting on either side and below. It's very bright to oncoming motorists in the daytime. What separates the Evitek G6 from other LED headlight bulbs is the two spoon shaped shields on either side mounted below the LED chips. The shields give a sharp cut-off of the light pattern and reduces scatter and glare.

The bulbs have a ballast or control box that has to be zip tied out of the way after the three-pin plug is connected to the stock headlight bulb connector. The bottom of the bulb is an enclosed 5,000 rpm fan to cool the bulb. The fan is like the ones in laptop computers.

The three tabs that orient the bulb in the stock headlight reflector. Most aftermarket H4/9003s have the bottom two tabs at 120 degrees and have to be removed or bent backwards so the bulb can fit in the OEM reflector. These fit perfectly with no modification.

Before picture. The light output of this stock bulb looks yellow after adding LED accessory lighting. It was/is always yellow but the LED Mondomoto lights contrast white and highlight the yellow halogen output. The yellow cast is best seen on the beak under the light. While yellow it's no different from other halogen lighting of the last 15-20 years. The NC700X has a good stock headlight and I was never unhappy with it in the last 45,000 miles but with the advent of affordable and good LED lighting it was time to upgrade to LED.

With the lighting in my garage it is difficult to see how white LED white is. The white light on the beak shows it:

Last edited by dduelin; 30th September 2016 at 16:31.
    Dave

ST1300
    NC700XD

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
    The Evitek G6 H4/9003 LED bulb is a plug and play replacement for the OEM 60/55 watt halogen bulb. It's available on Amazon for $43-$45 for a pair. This bulb has been installed in some ST1300s including mine and demonstrates a good tight beam pattern with a pure bright white light. I will report back after some night riding on the NC700X but in the ST1300 it's a very good light pattern, does not provoke flashing from oncoming traffic, and is noticeable brighter and projects further. On my bikes the white light output matches the LED accessory lighting on either side and below. It's very bright to oncoming motorists in the daytime. What separates the Evitek G6 from other LED headlight bulbs is the two spoon shaped shields on either side mounted below the LED chips. The shields give a sharp cut-off of the light pattern and reduces scatter and glare.

The bulbs have a ballast or control box that has to be zip tied out of the way after the three-pin plug is connected to the stock headlight bulb connector. The bottom of the bulb is an enclosed 5,000 rpm fan to cool the bulb. The fan is like the ones in laptop computers.

The three tabs that orient the bulb in the stock headlight reflector. Most aftermarket H4/9003s have the bottom two tabs at 120 degrees and have to be removed or bent backwards so the bulb can fit in the OEM reflector. These fit perfectly with no modification.

Before picture. The light output of this stock bulb looks yellow after adding LED accessory lighting. It was/is always yellow but the LED Mondomoto lights contrast white and highlight the yellow halogen output. The yellow cast is best seen on the beak under the light.

With the lighting in my garage it is difficult to see how white LED white is. The white light on the beak shows it:

Thanks for posting I'm to cheap to do trial and error myself glad to hear that it works well, I'm going to order one today

Senior Member Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation CRStep's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 DCT CRF 1000LD
    I just installed a cyclops LED replacement bulb last week. It looks very much like that one and probably functions similarly, but was $20 more expensive! It was also a colossal pain in the *** for me to install since I did not remove any plastics, but that's the nature of the task I suppose.

Senior Member Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by CRStep View Post
    I just installed a cyclops LED replacement bulb last week. It looks very much like that one and probably functions similarly, but was $20 more expensive! It was also a colossal pain in the *** for me to install since I did not remove any plastics, but that's the nature of the task I suppose.
    Folks have been trying LEDs in the headlight of the ST1300 for a while and it was the shielded LED design of the Evitek that finally convinced me to try them. The Cyclops does not have an external shield to flatten and cut off the upper part of the reflected light. Are you happy with the Cyclops pattern? I don't know much of anything about them so maybe the LEDs are designed to give a good pattern.

The inner part of the Evitek twists 1/8th turn and comes out of the base so it's pretty easy to fit the base and clip the retainer in place before inserting the rest of the bulb.
    Dave

ST1300
    NC700XD

Any recommendations for a LED tail light? Heard about someone putting in one that was to hot and melted his tail light lens lol

Philips 1156 Intense Red Vision LED Stop/Tail light, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P2D41DW..._mSW7xb4ZMGA66

I just found this message under NC700X search on Amazon, wasn't there before I'll try and look into that

Senior Member Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation CRStep's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 DCT CRF 1000LD
    Folks have been trying LEDs in the headlight of the ST1300 for a while and it was the shielded LED design of the Evitek that finally convinced me to try them. The Cyclops does not have an external shield to flatten and cut off the upper part of the reflected light. Are you happy with the Cyclops pattern? I don't know much of anything about them so maybe the LEDs are designed to give a good pattern.

The inner part of the Evitek twists 1/8th turn and comes out of the base so it's pretty easy to fit the base and clip the retainer in place before inserting the rest of the bulb.
    The light I installed has shields almost exactly like yours. The cutoff pattern was about the same as the OEM headlight. I did have to lower the headlight alignment (and that screw took forever for me to find). The base screwed off the same way yours did, but the challenge for me was in having the rubber boot installed between the fan and base and then installing it with the limited space in the fork area and using my fingers to multitask holding each part in a certain spot. Getting that retaining clip back into place was really difficult even with my chain nose pliers and I scraped up my knuckles maneuvering everything. Keep in mind I had no experience with anything like this and relied on posts and pictures in this forum for the install, so I knew going in that my install would not be that smooth.

Senior Member Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation
    Evitek G6 H4 LED headlight bulb installation
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)

How's the cutoff Dave? $22.50 is a very reasonable price per light. If they last and have quality output.
    I have an older Cyclops LED and the high beam quit after a while. I had a backup, but am always looking for upgrades when it comes to lighting.
    Thanks

Bike: Honda
    Thanks for this post. Definitely going to try it out. That's super cheap and has got to be better than the dim bulb that my bike came with. Thanks.