Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Nc700 skid plate

Supporting Vendor

Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    Bike: NC700X nc700xd
    Quote Originally Posted by HONDABIKEPRO View Post
    i am going to revisit the dct, having cornering clearance problems, if the left and right cover protectors are not made out of 3/16 thick aluminum they wont hold up in a crash, and when you make them this thick they may touch on hard cornering, with a load on the bike, if you hit a dip in the road, cant have this. the stock cover on the right only covers up the ops sensors, if you drop it at all you could damage them in the parking lot!!!!! the left side shift motor rail has to come off for the plate to mount, witch is the guard for the motor, to fit the skid plate. so the left side plate of the skid plate has to be able to totally protect the end of that motor. i have to have clearance from the ops sensors and the shift motor, from the 3/16 side plates, so if you crash they don't cause more damage by folding in on these parts, then if you had not plate at all. I WILL KEEP TRYING TILL I COME UP WITH ONE THAT FITS THESE NEEDS. THANKS DALE
    new skid plate for NC700 DCT finished, will post new pictures tomorrow. dale

Senior Member Nc700 skid plate Fuzzy's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, Versys X-300
    It is tomorrow now. Ready for pictures.
    Apply dog logic to life:
    "Eat Well, Be Loved, Get Petted, Sleep A Lot, and Dream Of A Leash Free World."

ATG ATT

Supporting Vendor

Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    new skid plate for dct models, protects the ops sensors, and the shift motor on the right side, and uses the right side frame rail, as a mounting point, now uses nine bolts, to the frame to protect the motor. the plate is narrower at the rear, for better cornering clearance. but may not work on bike that are lowered. will work with honda center stand, having problem with

Attached Images Attached Images Nc700 skid plate-f4927ad6-b8ef-4559-b326-754b3f8f12fe-1577-0000074bb4bf31cb_zps53ba74ab-jpg 
    Last edited by HONDABIKEPRO; 6th December 2013 at 11:41.

Junior Member Nc700 skid plate
    Bike: Moto Guzzi Griso
    Are there some crash bars or center stands that you know of that do NOT fit with this crash plate installed?
    The SW Motech crash bars at least seem to fit fine.

Supporting Vendor

Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    i think the plates will fit with any crash bar. not sure if they will fit with after market center stand?? does work with Honda stand. mailed two plates to Canada about two weeks ago, i think they had sw-motech center stands, when they put on the plates i will ask them if they had any problems. dale

Junior Member Nc700 skid plate
    Bike: Moto Guzzi Griso
    Great, thanks! I'm planning ahead on farkles I want to add if I decide to get the NC. It's At least a 4 month wait until riding season arrives though.

Bike: nc700xd
    Looks GREAT Dale...another masterpiece!
    Does the horn bracket need refabrication and relocated?
    Craig

Senior Member Nc700 skid plate Fuzzy's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, Versys X-300
    I'm ready.

How difficult is the install? Anything need to come off? Everything included or will I need to buy a few bolts or something?

Please PM me with price and expected delivery.
    Apply dog logic to life:
    "Eat Well, Be Loved, Get Petted, Sleep A Lot, and Dream Of A Leash Free World."

ATG ATT

Senior Member Nc700 skid plate
    Nc700 skid plate
    Bike: 2012 NC700X Manual non ABS (07/27/12)
    Great looking Skid plate Dale! Thank you for taking time and making these.

Bike: NC700X
    Fuzzy,

Dale has a well built skid plate, it looks great and is built better than most. I have another brand of skid plate, as Dale was out at the time I purchased, that I painted black before I installed it. I painted mine with Rust-Oleum textured black, I believe that was some else on this forum idea. The skid plate sure is a lot easier to keep looking good this way. Every time I change oil, I give the skid plate another quick coat of paint and it keeps looking good. Gets rid of a lot of scars this way. Just an idea someone else gave me.
    Last edited by Old Can Ride; 6th December 2013 at 23:30.
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!