Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sit&Fly / Sit & Fly Seat Cover

Bike: 2014 NC750x
    Thanks for your opinion on the fabric. I highly doubt that the person in Israel is actually manufacturing the fabric but rather thought of, as you said, an idea for the fabric that no-one else had before.

When I said "premium", I did not mean to say that $20 is a prohibitive amount of money... however, $20 is $20. Combine that with the shipping being (listed as) quicker.

If I was buying a Sit'n'fly that was tailored and custom fit to a certain seat I would jump on their product as there is a following on the net for them for specific bikes. However, since the fabric is being cut and hacked together for the NC's seat I am now looking at the fabric alone.

A rider local to me has a Sit'n'Fly, so I think I will order the "knock off" and compare them. I will report back for those that are interested in spending $6 rather than $26.
    "We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." - Douglas Adams

--== Please see my profile "About Me" section for a summary of my bike's mods and customizations ==--

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I can't compare the original to the knock off because I've never owned a brand sit-n-fly seat cover the knock off I paid $5 with an additional $2 for shipping had worked great. I agree if I could have gotten a cover that fit out of the box it would be worth it, I had to chop mine up and work with it to make it fit

Bike: 2013 NC700 X
    I just ordered a seat cover like this from China. Paid just more than $10 for a biggish cover which still needs to be cut and modified to suit my '700X. Smaller covers are available for less than $10.00, including shipment costs. The one I ordered is made from polyester, and called "3D Air mesh". Just Google it, I think the Sit & Fly covers are exactly the same..

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    It'd be great to hear about actual uncompressed thickness of the 3D mesh, and for that matter whether it is of the same "weight". I'd want something of equal durability and squish that Sit & Fly uses because I know that handles constant use even in dirt bike conditions without degrading. Maybe I'll get around to ordering some of this myself so I can compare the two a bit later... I do have a seat that needs to be done up...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums

Quote Originally Posted by greenboy View Post
    It'd be great to hear about actual uncompressed thickness of the 3D mesh, and for that matter whether it is of the same "weight". I'd want something of equal durability and squish that Sit & Fly uses because I know that handles constant use even in dirt bike conditions without degrading. Maybe I'll get around to ordering some of this myself so I can compare the two a bit later... I do have a seat that needs to be done up...
    If you want to wait (shipping is estimated at 2-4 weeks), I can tell you a comparison between this ebay 3D mesh stuff -vs- Sit 'n FlyŽ brand
    "We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it." - Douglas Adams

--== Please see my profile "About Me" section for a summary of my bike's mods and customizations ==--

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by lue42 View Post
    If you want to wait (shipping is estimated at 2-4 weeks), I can tell you a comparison between this ebay 3D mesh stuff -vs- Sit 'n FlyŽ brand
    Check geek if your willing to wait weeks
    That's where I got mine for $7 delivered

Follow up report - Part 1

I finally got my knock-off $5 Sit N Fly and put it on my seat. I will compare it to the actual Sit N Fly when I next see someone I know that has it and give a Part 2.

I put it on using a bunch of Zip Ties and it was too bulky and bunched up. I have the seat slope mod installed so I have to make room for the furniture feet. When I put it on originally it was bunched up, and it was not easy to get the bolts back in.

I took it off and sewed it all using thick plastic thread and removed the zip ties as I went around. Now it goes on the bike like it isn't even on there.

Last edited by lue42; 1st August 2017 at 13:02.

Bike: '15 nc700x
    Anyone try to cut a large size up and do the both the main seat and pillion? I'd like to see pics of that

Quote Originally Posted by Bomboi View Post
    Anyone try to cut a large size up and do the both the main seat and pillion? I'd like to see pics of that
    I don't know if the rear seat would be able to lock back down - it takes a bit of a squeeze with just the single layer of the front seat cover. Order the biggest size available and see if it works... if not, cut it off.