Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT (Black)

Question Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?

I know I should probably spend the extra money to get the ROX ($85) or SW-MOTECH ($104) version, but I'm sorely tempted by the $30 eBay special from China. Has anybody used these or something similar? Will they break on me and lead to my untimely demise?

Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?-s-l500-jpg
    I ride a black 2015 Honda NC700X DCT, and I love it.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    That is about what I paid for my generic risers, no issues in 30,000 miles with them on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?
    Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?
    Bike: 2013 NC 700X DCT
    You should be able to get a set of TUSK risers for short money. At least you will be dealing with an established site. I've used some of their stuff for a couple of years now with now issues.

Here's a link............. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...rm=tusk+risers

Bike: Honda
    I'd go with the Tusk if you are looking for something really basic. Just make a note that the Rox Risers pivot in two places and the Tusk only pivot in one. So, the Rox risers technically have more adjustments. I believe the ROX design requires more engineering and probably a stronger material. That and the brand name are probably the main reasons the Rox are more expensive. I have the Rox Risers and they are great.

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no? bamamate's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X manual
    If I was going for non-pivot risers I would go with Tusk. My understanding, Tusk is the in-house brand for Rock Mountain. I have a set of Tusk handguards on my CRF and they are top notch.

Previous: Kawasaki MT1A 75 (small fat tires, auto clutch), CB400 (Hawk), and after a 20+ year hiatus a NC700X

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    ^^^ Yeah, got a few Tusk items on my WR250R, really good stuff.

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT (Black)
    I'm familiar with the Tusk risers, but to my knowledge, they don't produce offset risers that bring the bar back as well as up. Unless I'm missing something...?
    I ride a black 2015 Honda NC700X DCT, and I love it.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?
    Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?
    Bike: 2013 NC 700X DCT
    Essentially correct, but as with any risers, you can pivot the bars 'downward' by a fair amount before tightening the risers. you just have to make sure you keep checking the bar ends in relation to the frunk when at full lock position.

I gained a couple of inches in bar 'closeness' when I installed mine.

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    plus the rake always ensures that a bit of that extension is not upward, but toward the rider...

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    It's a block of aluminum with a few holes in it. If this were a highly technical piece with extreme tolerances, I'd stick with a name brand. For something like this, I'd go with the eBay parts and get the additional pull back as well as rise. Plus, buy it with PayPal and, if there are any problems, you can easily get your money back.