Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT (Black)
    I received my eBay risers earlier this week and installed them today. Despite some frustration with the Honda brackets and clamps that make moving the hoses and cables more difficult than necessary, I was able to make the required adjustments. (As it turns out, there are some socket cap screws accessible from underneath which can be removed in order to allow the cable brackets and so forth to be detached from the bike entirely.)

The risers themselves appear well-made and the included bolts seem to be of decent quality as well. I made sure the brake fluid reservoir was level and then torqued everything down to the recommended 15 foot pounds. I haven't ridden the bike too much yet, but the handlebars didn't budge during my short, 30-minute test ride.

I found the seating position much improved and the stress on my back and wrists was reduced to near zero. The slightly more upright seating position does make the Puig windscreen even less effective, unfortunately. I may have to spend the extra money for one of those clip-on windscreen visors in order to compensate.

So far, I am very pleased with my inexpensive ($30 shipped) offset eBay risers and I look forward to increased comfort during future rides. I'll let you all know if I have any trouble or anything else to report. Thanks!

Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?-risers1-jpg
    Left side

Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?-risers2-jpg
    Right side

Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no?-risers3-jpg
    From the top
    I ride a black 2015 Honda NC700X DCT, and I love it.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." Thomas Jefferson

Bike: 2014 NC750x
    I am still waiting for my risers to come... they are slightly different from yours - I chose these ones.

You mentioned the deflector... I also ordered one of those too - another China special...
    This deflector. I honestly don't have high hopes on the quality, but might be pleasantly surprised. I am debating on getting a Madstad screen, but want to try this first before investing in one of them.

I will post pictures and review of both.

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    Always nice to find an alternative to the fairly simple goods manufactured or sold by the companies that are used to bending over the BMW crowd ; }

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums
    390 sounds better than 790 to me

Forget about these, which I found on eBay. The company claimed they fit. The hole spacing is right, and they looked great installed. The stock bars don't want to rotate in them either. But the back part of the lower section also will rub and press on the plastic when the bars are fully turned in either direction. I do just enough turning at full lock to consider this a potential problem, just as I would with anything hitting the windscreen at full lock.

BlackPath handlebar risers for $48 shipped -- 1" up, 1.25" back --

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no? GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    I agree about this being a low tech item where having the best quality possible probably doesn't matter much. Maybe I ride differently, but I don't put hardly any pressure on my handlebars, even when standing on the foot pegs. So, I wouldn't have any issues with the less expensive ones. In fact, I debated getting a set of these from eBay too. I was leaning toward the Tusk risers, which look a lot like the ones SW-Motech makes. I like them better, because they fill the void where the bars went into the factory clamps. Wound up being a moot point; I got lucky and found a set of Rox 2" risers on eBay for just a little more, so I went that way instead.

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)

The dreaded day where I would have to reroute some miserly cable and wire runs on my WR250R got moved forward. An extra inch on the cables/wires from Yamaha would have been advantageous even without risers). But now I have the BlackPath risers on the Yammie. Looks and works great, and I feel better about the cables not chafing, binding, and rubbing away. there used to be a squeak every time I went full lock on one side and now there's actually a tiny bit of slack -- yay!!!

On the other side of the coin, this day that I would have risers on my Honda got moved back. The eBay risers from China linked at the top of this thread will get installed... no way I'm gonna bend over for Roxx again like I did on my ATV.

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no? GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    I put a set of 30mm tusk risers on today on my 2015 DCT. Took maybe 10 minutes and didn't have to move cables. Very happy with the results, especially for $22 delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: Gl1800
    i added the sw-motech 1" up and 1.25" back riser

barkbusters dont hit madstad anymore

Senior Member Inexpensive Handlebar Risers from eBay, yes or no? MalcolmReynolds's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by misterk View Post
    i added the sw-motech 1" up and 1.25" back riser

barkbusters dont hit madstad anymore

Would you happen to know the SW Motech part you used for this? Thanks!

Bike: Gl1800
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmReynolds View Post
    Would you happen to know the SW Motech part you used for this? Thanks!
    sorry I do not.