Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Lack of accessories in South Africa

Bike: Honda NC 700 X

Thumbs up Lack of accessories in South Africa

At the moment we've hit a wall as far as accessories for the bike is concerned. First looking for some protection for those inevitable stationary drops, as well as a centre stand. No can do. Hope Honda SA get their act together soon. Bit disappointed.

Happy to report that things are a-changing as far as accessories are concerned, one dealer is offering a free
    touring screen with your purchase. Now to get the Durban guys to catch a wake-up!!

Bike: NC700X
    Hi tanserf, Honda Wing Umhlanga have a pricelist of accessories. Not sure of availability yet. I can scan and send to you. Admins, can I post this?

thanks scott, I have been in contact with them, the screen is available at about R2500, the aux light bar also at a ridiculous price. Unfortunately they require a full (read paid) deposit before they order anything. My hubby has a Triumph 800, showroom/dealer just around the corner of Honda, they have stock of just about all the accessories for the Tiger! Makes me jealous, and somewhat disappointed with Honda. BTW, there is still no mention of the centre stand, which we find a very useful item, for wash days and chain wetting. Yes, you can send what you have, much appreciated!
    Go safe.

Bike: PCX125, CL350K1, NC700X
    Hi, have you tried Hepco & Becker. They are doing quite a few accessories. Centre stand, engine bars and pannier and luggage rack. I`m sure they must have a distributor in S.A. Stay away from the Honda light bar if you want `drop` protection. My dealer says that if Honda themselves describe it as an ornament then that`s what it is.

Bike: PCX125, CL350K1, NC700X
    If you want some more ideas for accessories and what is available in the UK then have a look at the UK website nc700.co.uk.

HI Tumbleweed, thanks for the re-direct to co.uk! I guess you can say you have dual citizenship! My hubby is slightly peeved with Honda Sa's lack of commitment/after sale service. He has had excellent service from our Triumph dealer, all the Tiger 800 accessories were available. He fitted a head light protector, the rad guard, centre stand, as well as Bark Busters. These guys really know about support. May be Honda is getting slack, being the biggest manufacturer/seller for too long? All I really want is some sort of protection and the stand. It will make life so much easier.
    Will talk soon.