Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AltRider Radiator Guard Installation (Pics included)

Bike: DL1000,GS500,GS850 hack
    I had the first one ( prototype ) on mine several years ago,fit very well and went on pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NC700XAR
    GS850G..BLACK SUNSHINE..The tripod
    GS500..THE PURPLE EXPLORER
    Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook

Bike: DL1000,GS500,GS850 hack
    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    Installed same (Alt Rider) radiator guard on my 14 NC700X last week - similar experience. Easy enough to install, but it seems quite odd that Honda doesn't install a bolt in the second mounting point at the top of the radiator mount - the hole for a bolt is included from the factory, but no bolt is installed. Bizarre.

Shipping packaging for the radiator guard was pathetic IMHO. It was delivered via UPS Ground in nothing more than a padded manila envelope, so the guard itself was bent out of shape just a bit (I do believe all 4 pads on the guard are intended to touch the radiator at all times).

Overall the guard seems like a reasonable value, but I'm hoping the guard itself is strong enough to withstand an object like a screw being kicked up from the highway from some vehicle ahead. I've replaced radiators on Honda autos twice before due to screws on the highway, and yes - that is an expensive repair.

Overall I do love my NC, seems to be a decent price-point value. However it seems like Honda chose to cut a few corners that seem questionable.

And I can't help but think that once I've added things like this radiator guard, a center stand, rear rack, etc. that the total cost for this bike will be roughly equal to the cost for a similar Premium bike (BMW) that comes from its manufacturer with all the requisite safety/protective equipment already installed.

Time will tell!
    Not even close on the price,the closest BMW is over $10,000 and doesn't come with very many extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NC700XAR
    GS850G..BLACK SUNSHINE..The tripod
    GS500..THE PURPLE EXPLORER
    Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook