Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED

Bike: NC700X

Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED

Hi guys, I think everyone agrees that the frunk is the most wonderful thing for the this bike. It is so useful that I cannot live without now...even at night. The only issue is if we can find a light source which can automatically lights up, incredibly thin and bright enough to let us see at night.
    Here are some of the positions I am experimenting. let me know what you think...

Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-56-00-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-56-18-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-56-20-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-56-38-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-57-13-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-57-50-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-58-03-pm-jpgGive the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-photo-2012-11-05-10-58-05-pm-jpg

Member Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED Cutter J. Duke's Avatar
    Frunk, thats my new word of the day! Hey everybody wanna see my Frunk, oh yea this is gonna be good. And yeh the lights are cool, how about a how to?

Bike: Ducati Monster, NC700X
    SHUT THE FRUNK UP!

That's pretty cool. That gives me an ideo - I have some LED pucks sitting around. I can tape one to the lid with double sided tape.

3 LED Puck Lights
    Naked_Duc (Tony)

#1 Elite Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED
    Bike: NC-less
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Duc View Post
    SHUT THE FRUNK UP!
    Don't puck wid me!

BTW, I have found a single light in the lid to be fine. No need to see under your stuff and the direct light can be blinding at night vs. indirect light from above.

Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED-frunklite-jpg
    Last edited by Beemerphile; 9th November 2012 at 04:06.
    Motorcycle don't lie!

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerphile View Post
    Don't puck wid me!

BTW, I have found a single light in the lid to be fine. No need to see under your stuff and the direct light can be blinding at night vs. indirect light from above.
    I thought about that. I am trying to find clearance as much as possible with paperclip-thin LED strips. I have tested with one helmet in - no problem.

With your setup you have to tilt your lid to light the frunk and whatever that's below.
    My LEDs are actually arranged facing down and within the frunk itself so that it does not blind anybody. Plus I do not want to shine other when the lid is popup and have to constantly holding it in certain degrees to get the light in correct direction. One less thing to worry when you are in the dark searching for something.
    Last edited by lamlamz; 9th November 2012 at 06:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Duc View Post
    SHUT THE FRUNK UP!

That's pretty cool. That gives me an ideo - I have some LED pucks sitting around. I can tape one to the lid with double sided tape.

3 LED Puck Lights
    That's frunk! Love it but I find it too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter J. Duke View Post
    Frunk, thats my new word of the day! Hey everybody wanna see my Frunk, oh yea this is gonna be good. And yeh the lights are cool, how about a how to?
    I will when I finalize all the stuff. Trying to get feedback if it is worthwhile doing it. It's going to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lamlamz View Post
    I thought about that. I am trying to find clearance as much as possible with paperclip-thin LED strips. I have tested with one helmet in - no problem.

With your setup you have to tilt your lid to light the frunk and whatever that's below.
    My LEDs are actually arranged facing down and within the frunk itself so that it does not blind anybody. Plus I do not want to shine other when the lid is popup and have to constantly holding it in certain degrees to get the light in correct direction. One less thing to worry when you are in the dark searching for something.
    No, the beam from the license plate light that I used is not that directional. The light comes on at 45 degrees and lights the entire box. I just open the lid to the limit of the strap and dig away.
    Motorcycle don't lie!

Senior Member Give the Frunk (Front Trunk) LED
    Bike: NC700DCT
    Lamlamz, I think you will become immortalised by coining the term "frunk", you will go down in NC700 history. This is equal to the KLR650 "Doohicky" terminology for the troublesome counter balancer adjuster. Your lights are brilliant in more ways than one, but I do like beemers location better and better yet I think it should be moved forward to allow it to shine down better. I think I will look for a battery powered LED stick on for the amount of time I would use the frunk in the dark. Thanks for the great ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by soggybottom View Post
    I do like beemers location better and better yet I think it should be moved forward to allow it to shine down better.
    I moved it all around before settling where I did. This light was designed as a license plate light, so the main beam direction is down. Where it is mounted it shines straight down into the box.
    Motorcycle don't lie!