Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How LOW can you go????

Bike: 2015 Honda NC700XD
    Quote Originally Posted by VE258 View Post
    that's the max you can go without running into a problems with stands. i also lowered app. this much. no problem using center stand,but side stand-you always have to look twice,where you park the bike,because it stands almost vertically. strong wind will definitely knock it down
    That happened to me last week unfortunately so be mindful. Hard lesson learned both emotionally and financially.

Bike: 2015 Honda NC700XD
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalRocket View Post
    I second this. I lowered mine with some British company 40mm lowering links 3 years ago, front forks lowered 3/4th an inch. I replaced the kick stand with a sloppys adjustable, I inadvertently bought the 700s version of the center stand, and that mistake turned out to work great on my now lowered 700x.
    Just what I needed to know. I'm ordering a 700S stand for mine this week. Thanks!

Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by walawn View Post
    Just what I needed to know. I'm ordering a 700S stand for mine this week. Thanks!
    from? and let us know,how it fit,by how much you lowered the bike, how far rear wheel off the ground etc.

Thank you!
    Last edited by VE258; 14th March 2016 at 10:24.

Senior Member How LOW can you go???? happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    That picture of DIY connecting rod seems very homemade and brittle.
    I would never do this myself.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    That picture of DIY connecting rod seems very homemade and brittle.
    I would never do this myself.
    Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    mine looks even more ghetto,made from 1/4" steel bar. imo-look doesn't mean much. as long as all holes are perfectly alighned,having same exact distance and piece itself was strong enough-you should be fine

but i'm still waiting for an update regarding stands from 700S. planning to be in Canada this summer , i might pick one for my NC

Very late reply

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemike in Virginia View Post
    Hello again all you NC700 men (and of course NC700 women, too):
    As I wrote in my introduction recently, I'm considering purchasing an NC700 soon. With my diminutive body (27" inseam), I'll need to lower the bike to ride it safely, because in stock form I can't touch the ground with both boots simultaneously.
    I know from experience that when a bike is lowered by shortening the suspension, some not good things can happen. For example:
    * When the forks are moved upwards in the triple-clamps, potentially when hitting a sharp bump or excessive braking, the fender can crash against the underside of the frame or lower clamp.
    * When the rear suspension is shortened (using an aftermarket linkage), the rear wheel can crash against the underside of the frame.
    * Cornering clearance is compromised and touching a footpeg in while cornering is more likely.
    * The side-stand is too long and the bike sits more upright when parked.
    * If a centerstand is installed, it is too long and the bike is difficult to lift onto it.
    So my question is this: what's the practical limit before bad things happen? 1"? 2"? 3"? How LOW can you go?
    Thanks!
    I've lowered mine with Kouba link 1 3/8" slid forks on triple tree by 1/2". cut side stand and center stand. I've been short my entire life. Life long stoping procedure. Just as I'm to stop I slide over to my left hip, in this way my right foot is firmly planted on to the pavement or ground when I stop, next I deploy the side stand. Good to go. I hope this is of help.

Senior Member How LOW can you go???? GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    An alternative is to eat more biscuits and gravy, chess pie, and fried chicken until you can compress the suspension naturally. Worked for me .

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)

Bike: Honda
    I recommend that you add a skid plate as well if you are lowering. I have a 34 inch inseam so no problem with height but quite few things have bounced off my skid plate over the last year and I am super glad I put it on. It's an SW Motech.

Senior Member How LOW can you go???? CRStep's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 DCT CRF 1000LD
    Quote Originally Posted by GunNut37086 View Post
    An alternative is to eat more biscuits and gravy, chess pie, and fried chicken until you can compress the suspension naturally. Worked for me .
    What the heck is chess pie? lol

Senior Member How LOW can you go???? GunNut37086's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by CRStep View Post
    What the heck is chess pie? lol
    I'm disappointed. You've lived down here long enough to have seen, tasted, and fallen in love with chess pie. This must be remedied SOON!

"I shall pass this way but once. Any good that I can do or any kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." - Etienne de Grellet (Quaker Missionary)