Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Stock Seat

Bike: NC700X
    Question about the Russell. Some have commented that Russell saddles are fantastic for long rides but not great for jaunts around town because the "wings" get in the way when stopping repeatedly for lights, traffic, etc. Can any Russell owners comment on that?

It's particularly a concern for me because the majority of my riding on the NC700x is around Los Angeles, and I love it for that. Wouldn't want to put a damper on that kind of riding. --- However, when I get on a freeway or other highway for even 45 minutes, the forward slope of the stock seat just kills me.

David

#1 Elite Stock Seat
    Stock Seat
    Bike: NC-less
    Quote Originally Posted by davidbike View Post
    Question about the Russell. Some have commented that Russell saddles are fantastic for long rides but not great for jaunts around town because the "wings" get in the way when stopping repeatedly for lights, traffic, etc. Can any Russell owners comment on that?

It's particularly a concern for me because the majority of my riding on the NC700x is around Los Angeles, and I love it for that. Wouldn't want to put a damper on that kind of riding. --- However, when I get on a freeway or other highway for even 45 minutes, the forward slope of the stock seat just kills me.

David

If you are tall, the Russell wings will present no problem. If you are short, go cautiously. It probably takes away the equivalent of 2 inches of "reach". I am 6-2" and did not miss the difference.

Some shorter people tellme they just push forward at a stop. I can see where that would be a PITA in heavy traffic.

But yes, Russells are fantastically comfortable and last forever. I have run them exclusively for decades.

Lee
    Motorcycle don't lie!

Bike: NC700X
    My solution so far is sheepskin with 1/2 inch carpet pad under front half of the sheep. Works well enuf on my cross FL jaunt.

Senior Member Stock Seat ld_rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Black ABS/DCT
    Wow! might have a record here ;-)

5 years
    10 months
    17 days!!!!
    Rob in New England
    IBA# 540