Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 84

Thread: Stock Seat

  1. #21
    Senior Member Stock Seat happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee Bob View Post
    F U! I have your corner store hanging.
    take it easy bob....(language...)
    search for a solution and lets hear it...
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

  2. #22
    Senior Member Seabee Bob's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    take it easy bob....(language...)
    search for a solution and lets hear it...
    There is no solution only elimination from this CSMF.
    Last edited by Seabee Bob; 31st August 2012 at 13:37.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Stock Seat happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3,342
    One possible solution is wearing a padded cyclists pants under your riding pants?
    There are so many models around, I am sure you can find one. And it is more hygienic too.


    What is CSMF?

    Edit: wait I jusst got it...
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

  4. #24
    Senior Member Stock Seat robnpat's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    320
    can someone clue me in on CSMF, unless it is dirty? Is it a motorcycle term?? Yes, I'm ignorant in some of these terms

  5. #25
    Senior Member Stock Seat happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by robnpat View Post
    can someone clue me in on CSMF, unless it is dirty? Is it a motorcycle term?? Yes, I'm ignorant in some of these terms
    first word....shounds like shock (you know, the thing between the wheel and the chassis)
    second word.....action of drawing air in a tubular format (can use mouth)
    third.....partner of father
    last word...ermm you should have gotten it by now....else we call you CSMF also...


    PS: I may be totally wrong here...
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

  6. #26
    Senior Member Seabee Bob's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    One possible solution is wearing a padded cyclists pants under your riding pants?
    There are so many models around, I am sure you can find one. And it is more hygienic too.


    What is CSMF?

    Edit: wait I jusst got it...
    Took you a minute or two lol.

    How can I wear a padded diaper when I am concealing my .357 in my pants already? The stock seat sucks period! I don't care how many miles you have under your belt. I have been on too many motorcycles in my lifetime and have too many miles in the saddle of them to know what sucks and what does not. I was a Heavy Equipment Operator in the US Navy Seabees for 25 years and I have been in the saddle of every piece of construction equipment known to man.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Stock Seat happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee Bob View Post
    Took you a moment or two lol. How can I wear a padded diaper when I am concealing my .357 in my pants already? The stock seat sucks period! I don't care how many miles you have under your belt. I have been on too many motorcycles in my lifetime and have too many miles in the saddle of them to know what sucks and what does not. I was a Heavy Equipment Operator in the US Navy Seabees for 25 years and I have been in the saddle of every piece of construction equipment known to man.
    My oh my....like Joker in Batman movie said "we've got a live one in here..."

    Anyway, take it easy. change the seat....whatever.
    It is a darn good bike overall IMHO.

    PS: Why did you have to say you are a Heavy whatever operator?
    I thought this was you:
    Stock Seat-90_l-catherine-bell-navy-hat-jpg

    ...or something close.
    Now you spoilt it for me...

    Or are you in this format?
    Stock Seat-tumblr_ljszu6y9d81qdhvyro1_400-jpg
    Last edited by happy; 31st August 2012 at 13:55.
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

  8. #28
    Senior Member Seabee Bob's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    580
    Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    My oh my....like Joker in Batman movie said "we've got a live one in here..."

    Anyway, take it easy. change the seat....whatever.
    It is a darn good bike overall IMHO.

    PS: Why did you have to say you are a Heavy whatever operator?
    I thought this was you:
    Stock Seat-90_l-catherine-bell-navy-hat-jpg

    ...or something close.
    Now you spoilt it for me...

    Or are you in this format?
    Stock Seat-tumblr_ljszu6y9d81qdhvyro1_400-jpg
    I will have Dianna up in Western NC help me with the comfort of my stock seat when I get there. I posted her website earlier in this thread. I am happy with the NC700X. I should know by now since I have 20,000 + miles on it since I bought it 8/25/12 and that was just to the corner store and back two or three times.
    Last edited by Seabee Bob; 31st August 2012 at 14:08.

  9. #29
    Junior Member arkwright55's Avatar
    Bike: Honda NC700X
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sutton, Surrey, UK
    Posts
    11

    Hard Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee Bob View Post
    I just took the 2012 NC700X for my first 1 hour trip around town breaking her in. The only thing that feels broken in is my Bony Boston Butt. OMG! I am 6' with an inseam of 34". Is anyone else experiencing a problem with being saddle sore after their ride? I have never been in this riding position before. All my other bikes have been muscle cruisers. I am riding the straight and flat roads of SE Florida right now until I move back up to the mountains of Western NC May 1st. The NC700X seams to crave the tight turns and hills that WNC has to offer. My riding habits will change when I move up there. Right now I am just wiggling around to take the pressure off my a**.
    Yes, I have the same problem regarding lack of padding in rear! Recently did a 300 mile tour of south coast of England, and had to make more stops than I would have liked to get some blood supply there. But, i'm sure there will be companies providing seat options soon

  10. #30
    Senior Member Stock Seat dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    North FL USA
    Posts
    3,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabee Bob View Post
    Took you a minute or two lol.

    How can I wear a padded diaper when I am concealing my .357 in my pants already? The stock seat sucks period! I don't care how many miles you have under your belt. I have been on too many motorcycles in my lifetime and have too many miles in the saddle of them to know what sucks and what does not. I was a Heavy Equipment Operator in the US Navy Seabees for 25 years and I have been in the saddle of every piece of construction equipment known to man.
    Calm down bro. I realize the stock seat sucks for you. It doesn't for me. Let's leave it at that.
    Dave

    GL1800
    NC700XD




Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th January 2019, 20:06
  2. Seat altered
    By Rocker66 in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 17th August 2012, 08:10
  3. Seat removal
    By Rocker66 in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th August 2012, 11:01
  4. Seat Height Adjustment ??
    By TechiePilot in forum NC700 Mods
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 15th August 2012, 05:04
  5. King of Fleece Waterproof Seat Cover Review
    By admin in forum NC700 News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th December 2011, 09:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •