Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your other ride(s) if any?

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X

My Stable

What is your other ride(s) if any?-030-jpg
    Shadow 750 ACE
    What is your other ride(s) if any?-img_8847-jpg
    Ninja EX250 (trainer)
    What is your other ride(s) if any?-dsc02190-jpg
    VFR750 Interceptor

..also FZR600 (no good pics, tho )
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable............you can only pick two!

Senior Member What is your other ride(s) if any? Rocker66's Avatar
    Bike: 2017 NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by gpd211 View Post
    I have an 07 Honda VFR as my solo ride

A 96 XR250L as my around town errand runner

and the NC as my bike to ride with the wife. Unfortunately I don't get to use any to commute to work. Gotta use the company car for that. Police depts are funny that way
    I really like the VFR which has basically the same engine as my Crossrunner. Is that a standard colour or a paint job? whichever it is really smart
    4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

Senior Member What is your other ride(s) if any?
    Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker66 View Post
    I really like the VFR which has basically the same engine as my Crossrunner. Is that a standard colour or a paint job? whichever it is really smart
    That was one of the two colors available in the US for 07. It is the 25th anniversary color scheme. Believe it or not these didn't sell well and I picked it up in 09 new in the crate for under 8k

Is the crossrunner the v-tech engine (runs on 2 valves per cylinder up to 6400 rpm then switches to 4 valves per cylinder?). The crossrunner isn't available here in the states so I don't know much about it other than in looks sweet and has a great powerplant. I've never really cared for I-4 engines. Owned several and have never 'connected' with one. To me they just don't have any soul. Probably one reason I dig the nc with it's parallel twin
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CBR600RR
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X

states visited on a bike

states visited on the NC

Senior Member What is your other ride(s) if any? happy's Avatar
    Bike: BMW R1200GSA 2018, (Sold)NC700X-ABS-ManualTrans
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
    What is your other ride(s) if any?-030-jpg
    Shadow 750 ACE
    What is your other ride(s) if any?-img_8847-jpg
    Ninja EX250 (trainer)
    What is your other ride(s) if any?-dsc02190-jpg
    VFR750 Interceptor

..also FZR600 (no good pics, tho )
    What a coincidence.

I have HAD the Ninja250 and also the ACE1100.
    I am a 1-bike hero (for now). 4 months now with my NCX, I only clocked 3000km, so...

Today I just bought my wife a new helmet and new jacket.
    I am betting if she likes coming along for my weekend day trips or evening rides, I may be looking at a 1200cc soon (2nd bike).
    ~Happy Joe
    LIfe's short, stop writing and start riding ...
    if everyone thinks like me, there is no need for a forum...

Senior Member What is your other ride(s) if any? duk2n's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X ABS
    That's my other babe:

Bike: NC700X DCT
    Goldwing (which I refer to as Big Bird, it's bright yellow)
    Piaggio MP3 500 (which I call the Tricycle, it has 2 wheels in the front)
    I'd post pic's, but I'm on a iPad and it doesn't let me.

You would never know that up until June 2011 I had't ridden a motorcycle since I was 14 years old (53 now) and then only trails never on the street. Now i log about 500 miles a week with my 86 mile round trip commute and weekend riding.
    I guess you could say I'm hooked .

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    What a coincidence.

I have HAD the Ninja250 and also the ACE1100.
    Nice! I have actually decided to sell the Ninja 250 to a friend who needs a cheap commuter bike. (his Dodge Ram is killing him in gas costs!) My son wants the black fairing/plastics for his Ninja, so he'll put his midnight blue ones on my frame. Once I install the new fuel pump on the FZR, it's gone, too.

Basically looks like I'll be down to 3 bikes soon, all HONDA!
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable............you can only pick two!

Senior Member What is your other ride(s) if any? Rocker66's Avatar
    Bike: 2017 NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by gpd211 View Post
    That was one of the two colors available in the US for 07. It is the 25th anniversary color scheme. Believe it or not these didn't sell well and I picked it up in 09 new in the crate for under 8k

Is the crossrunner the v-tech engine (runs on 2 valves per cylinder up to 6400 rpm then switches to 4 valves per cylinder?). The crossrunner isn't available here in the states so I don't know much about it other than in looks sweet and has a great powerplant. I've never really cared for I-4 engines. Owned several and have never 'connected' with one. To me they just don't have any soul. Probably one reason I dig the nc with it's parallel twin
    Yes the crossrunner has the V-Tec engine. However the V-Tec has been improved over that used in the VFR800 and comes in much smoother. i'm no lover of in line 4s for rir the reasons you give. My favourite engine configurations are Vs either 4s or twins and the air head BMW boxer twins. As an ex Wing owner I also like the flat 4 or 6 as it now is. My perfect bike at the moment would be the Honda crosstour with it's VFR 1200 engine in a Crossrunner style bike. I really loved the engine in my VFR1200DCT. However I will not be buying one because it is so tall I struggle to get on it let alone be safe riding it (:
    4 Wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul
    Audere est Facere

Senior Member What is your other ride(s) if any?
    Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker66 View Post
    Yes the crossrunner has the V-Tec engine. However the V-Tec has been improved over that used in the VFR800 and comes in much smoother. i'm no lover of in line 4s for rir the reasons you give. My favourite engine configurations are Vs either 4s or twins and the air head BMW boxer twins. As an ex Wing owner I also like the flat 4 or 6 as it now is. My perfect bike at the moment would be the Honda crosstour with it's VFR 1200 engine in a Crossrunner style bike. I really loved the engine in my VFR1200DCT. However I will not be buying one because it is so tall I struggle to get on it let alone be safe riding it (:
    If you are referring to the early v-tech (02-05) then yes. They moved the engagement point and smoothed it out in the VFR in 06. Mine is butter smooth with a PC III.
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CBR600RR
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X

states visited on a bike

states visited on the NC

Bike: NC700X
    My ride for now is '07 Yamaha Venture which I am having to sell to get the NC700X.What is your other ride(s) if any?-pc090096[1]-jpg