Page 134 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1585

Thread: How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Super Moderator How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun! 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Things are getting confusing here, but to clarify, I think the next tag still stands as,

“so for the next tag I'd like to see a town with some form of claim to fame. It can be a "first," a "biggest," an "oldest," or anything you find”. TheIronWarrior is the judge.
    Last edited by 670cc; 27th April 2018 at 05:14.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    How about the little logging town of "Historic Harrison Idaho"...!!?? Just south of me about 50 miles is a neat little Historic town, Harrison Idaho. It used to be a major Shipping/Freight hub in the late 1800's. It was well known for it's Steam Ships that used to all dock there and deliver Freight/Goods/Passengers well into the 1900's. Millions and Millions of board feet of logs waited at the rivers mouth to be hauled up the lake from the mouth of the river there at Harrison to the lumber mills.

Well today i took a ride down there to specifically get some PIE/Ice Cream from a neat little Fountain shop. Upon arrival i found that they were still seasonally closed until May 5th, Ratz! Oh well, enjoyed an ice cold Arizona Tea and rode home. It was a 99 mile round trip, i topped the bike off and found that i had gotten a new personal best of 86 MPG!! So next week i'll have to return after they are open for the season and enjoy the fresh, deep dish, home made PIE!! :{)
    How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun!-nc700x-harrison-trading-post-86mpg-jpg

How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun!-nc700x-harrison-township-sign-86mpg-jpg

So if All'yall will allow this to qualify... May i suggest the next TAG would be to grab a picture of you or your bike at the Cabela's or Bass Pro!! :{)
    Last edited by Rapturee; 27th April 2018 at 21:11. Reason: rented fingers
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Rapture, I can’t judge whether your picture qualifies for the tag, but if it did, the rules (see post #1) require you to provide an example for the next tag. That means you would need to post a picture of your bike at Cabela’s or Bass Pro, not merely suggest it as a tag. That picture can be an older archive picture or a current one, and would have to show the NC motorcycle, or a portion of it, along with the tag item. However, to win the tag, the picture must be a current one, not pulled from archives. That’s what encourages folks to get out and ride.
    Last edited by 670cc; 27th April 2018 at 21:28.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member

Senior Member How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun! sumo's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT ABS
    Rapturee in my opinion your Trading Post qualifies. Next time you’re out get a picture of your bike in front of Bass Pro and post it as the new tag. You may want to call it a Sporting Goods Store or Tackle Shop as some players may not have a Bass Pro store within riding distance, for example the closest one to me is in Niagra Falls two hours away. Welcome to the game.
    Last edited by sumo; 28th April 2018 at 01:43.

Bike: '13 NC700X, '09 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
    I've got a Bass Pro about 4 miles from my house!
    I'm not smart enough for a smart phone, so all I have is a dumb phone.
    GPS? Why would I want one of them? You can't get lost, there's no fun in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis M View Post
    I've got a Bass Pro about 4 miles from my house!
    It’s been over a half hour. Did you get there yet?
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member

Senior Member How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun! sumo's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT ABS
    Better hold off as there is nothing stopping Rapturee choosing a different New Tag.

Ok... thank y'all for the rule reminders and kindness shown to the NooB!

Here is a teaser...since it was right across the freeway from my Challenge i had to get it as well. :{)
    How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun!-tag-buck-knives-jpg

I rode all morning(12 miles round trip lol) in the rain(ok it was a light drizzle) to get this just because i got called out, hahahah!! And rightly so, thanks again! SO, here is the Challenge to All'yall....Find some sort of "Super" Sporting Goods Store. TAG! :{)
    How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun!-tag-cabelas-jpg

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Too late, but here it is, “Galena, Kansas, oldest mining town in southeast Kansas.”
    I could not get any closer without riding on a business’ grass.
    Actually now that I think about it I could have parked behind it and walked around in front.
    This was a lead and zinc mining area, though just to the north was a coal mining area.
    These mines actually opened prior to the civil war when there were no settled areas here, and there was fighting to keep control over the mines.
    How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun!-e6492918-9dc3-4ea7-93db-6e6c2ffcb85a-jpg

How about a game of NC tag?   Its a lot of fun!-14bfffc4-16df-46f8-9119-e139cb1f321b-jpg
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]

That is so cool to see, thanks for that one Hank!! :{)