• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC 700x owners in USA, how do you like it?

HHMN

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, got my bike last weekend, put in 700miles. really happy so far.
What accessories did you ordered with the bike, the only thing I got is the light bar. plan to order the center stand soon.
Wish you all the best.

I like mine so far, but I'm on vacation and haven't got to ride it very much. Just 153 miles on it so far.

I haven't ordered any accessories yet because the dealer couldn't get any.

Last edited:
Got mine late this afternoon and couldn't be happier. Probably will need that first oil change by early next week! Thank you Honda of the Ozarks!

I am very happy after 1 week and 450 miles. I ordered the centerstand the week before the bike arrived and I installed that already. I am going Givi for a rack and topbox and am waiting on the tail rack mounts and stays I ordered to arrive.

I plan on the first long ride this weekend, perhaps 400 to 500 miles, to see how the ergos and seat work for me on a typical long ride. If I am alone I usually ride 2 to 3 hours between stops so I an anxious to see how it does - not only for comfort but also real riding mileage and tank range. So far I have checked mileage at roughly 100 mile increments and got mid 60's first two then 71 and 78 mpg (US) the last two.

Good to see you guys putting some decent mileage on your bikes. The one problem you may find is that the seat starts to get uncomfortable quite quickly. I also find that on my X the Honda touring screen helps a lot. Having said that I'm only 5' 9" and we all know that the smallest American is at least 6' 6" :) :).
Enjoy your rides

Hi to all our new Forum members and owners from the USA!
May you all have lots and lots of happy miles on your new rides! Feel free to post some pics of yourself and your bike,
always good to put a face to a name!
Happy safe riding!

Loving it. Center dtand ordered.

One thing so far was the rev limiter was a real kick in the chest.

I felt it on an on ramp in one of those "slowing down will just confuse things," moments and it it involved a dump truck.

I advise feeling that in a safe place rather than unexpectedly.

After a 4-1/2 month wait since giving a deposit to my local dealer, I finally drove mine (manual version) home, the slightly long way :) , tonight. So I only have about 30 careful miles on it. First impressions: Color/Fit/Finish - looks fabulous in the flesh, typical high Honda quality, attention getting for sure. Engine - it is really really smooth until around 4K rpm then it gets very slightly buzzy (that will likely diminish with more miles.) Overall, the smoothest twin I've ever encountered. Since there is such abundant low down torque (reviewers were not kidding!), you find that short shifting and keeping it in the super smooth zone of about 3,000rpm to be easy to do, it loves it there. It makes a bit more burbling sound at idle (than other twins), but that is not a bad thing. Exhaust growl is low and very satisfying. Brakes - outstanding and easy to modulate despite not even being broke in (although I miss not having ABS for the manual version here in the states.)

Other things I've noted - mine came with Bridgestone Battlax 023's (others have the Metzelers.) . . . the USA version has amber lens covers for the turn signals (other countries have clear lenses with amber bulbs which I think look better.) . . . The front turn signals on the USA version also stay on all the time as "driving" lights (other versions, though I am not sure which ones, are off when driving, I don't know what is more common these days) . . . The headlight control switch has no "passing" momentary function on the USA version (other countries seem to have that from the videos I've seen, I would prefer to have that so I don't know why Honda USA omits that over here.)

I'll have more detailed thoughts as I get more time on it. Very very happy so far.

Thanks Joe, I will. Also the overall handling is superb. Nimble and easy to turn, yet very stable at speed. I have ordered the Honda side cases plus necessary racks and fittings, center stand and touring windscreen. Also will fit the Hepco Becker crash bars and a hugger. Then I will ride for a while and decide what is next.

Congratulations, enjoy your new ride...and welcome! I have a little over 900 miles on mine and love riding it...it handles great and is a lot of fun! I have been getting about 68 mpg. I had the rear rack and 12v outlet installed before delivery and waiting for the centerstand on backorder until November. :( I also added a RAM mount for my phone as a GPS. The weather is not great today or I would be riding instead of writing.

1 week and 200 miles later, really liking it. So far all I have done to the bike is add exhaust and adjustable levers. Luggage (Aero ABS bags and EVO Quick Lock supports) are on the way. Waiting for windscreens to show up from US vendors and also the Ermax hugger to get stocked.

You can see my more in depth impresssions here.

And of course, any excuse to show off:

DSC00374.jpg

What brand of Windscreen did you buy?
1 week and 200 miles later, really liking it. So far all I have done to the bike is add exhaust and adjustable levers. Luggage (Aero ABS bags and EVO Quick Lock supports) are on the way. Waiting for windscreens to show up from US vendors and also the Ermax hugger to get stocked.

You can see my more in depth impresssions here.

And of course, any excuse to show off:

DSC00374.jpg

Back