Page 60 of 61 FirstFirst ... 105058596061 LastLast

Thread: Seen in the wild

Senior Member Seen in the wild davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Harper View Post
    Finally, in Daytona. Fellow pulls up next to me and says "nice bike". Well his is same silver as mine.
    I saw a silver one at the Daytona track in the vendor-demo area. Also saw a crimson red 750x

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: 2014 nc700x dct
    My first sighting - a black, bone stock nc700x on whipple ave Canton ohio

Senior Member Seen in the wild Fuzzy's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, Versys X-300
    Red one this morning at Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Winchester, TN. Still there when I left a couple hours later.
    Apply dog logic to life:
    "Eat Well, Be Loved, Get Petted, Sleep A Lot, and Dream Of A Leash Free World."

ATG ATT

Super Moderator Seen in the wild 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Red one this morning at Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Winchester, TN. Still there when I left a couple hours later.
    Great to hear from you, Fuzzy. I’ll bet you’re hanging out on the Versys X forum. Just so you know, we have a get together in the Smokies in May, and everyone is welcome!
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "240,000 Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Great to hear from you, Fuzzy. I’ll bet you’re hanging out on the Versys X forum. Just so you know, we have a get together in the Smokies in May, and everyone is welcome!
    Things got crazy busy the last 18 months managing project to build this thing. YouTube
    Had very little time for MCs with home in Georgia, building home in Tennessee and working 6+ days a week in Talladega, Alabama. Great job to end my career on though. 2 months retired now and things getting back to normal. Don't miss my alarm clock. Riding my 300 Versys more than NC liking the lighter weight and 12000 rpm red line will hang with the NC on any road. Working on 2 month Alaska trip in June July on Versys with shakedown ride this month to Virginia including Horizons Unlimited meeting.

Wish the Versys had a forum like this one. Very little 300 activity there ADV has much more on 300.

I have a gathering in Maggie Valley same weekend as kickstand 10 so will probably miss you that weekend. Don't leave me out of group picture.

If I've been riding Versys and get on NC I realize I missed it. Same is true in reverse. They are a different experience so I am keeping both. Versys much better off pavement though.
    Last edited by Fuzzy; 1st April 2019 at 05:29.
    Apply dog logic to life:

ATG ATT

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Things got crazy busy the last 18 months managing project to build this thing. YouTube
    Had very little time for MCs with home in Georgia, building home in Tennessee and working 6+ days a week in Talladega, Alabama. Great job to end my career on though. 2 months retired now and things getting back to normal. Don't miss my alarm clock. Riding my 300 Versys more than NC liking the lighter weight and 12000 rpm red line will hang with the NC on any road. Working on 2 month Alaska trip in June July on Versys with shakedown ride this month to Virginia including Horizons Unlimited meeting.

Wish the Versys had a forum like this one. Very little 300 activity there ADV has much more on 300.

I have a gathering in Maggie Valley same weekend as kickstand 10 so will probably miss you that weekend. Don't leave me out of group picture.

If I've been riding Versys and get on NC I realize I missed it. Same is true in reverse. They are a different experience so I am keeping both. Versys much better off pavement though.
    Congratulations on the retirement and be sure to share a ride report about that Alaska trip

Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    Congratulations on the retirement and be sure to share a ride report about that Alaska trip
    I have started a thread in ADVrider and will update it through the trip. I'll post a reminder here around start of trip. Alaska or Bust on Versys X-300 | Adventure Rider
    Apply dog logic to life:

ATG ATT

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Didn't have time to take a picture but I just saw a silver first gen going southbound on 113 just north of Davis, silver jacket white fertility and ADV stickers on a top box Seen in the wild

Senior Member Seen in the wild New Commuter700's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    I don't know if it's the same one, but he passed behind me on Gantzel and as he went by I saw that it is the same bike as mine but silver.

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website

Bike: NC700XD
    Saw a silver NC with full factory bags on I-15 southbound in the carpool/toll lane this morning around 6:30-ish this morning around Rancho Bernardo (San Diego area). Rider was wearing a yellow hi-vis suit. I travel that route all the time on my NC but happened to be in my car this morning. Our bikes are nearly identically outfitted so it would've been a great double-take moment if you had passed me any other day!