Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen in the wild

Member Seen in the wild
    Bike: 2015 NC700x (wife - 2017 CB500xa)
    Seen in the wild-bmw-ks-jpgSeen in the wild-bmw-ks-1-jpgSeen in the wild-bmw-ks-2-jpg

Ok, I know this isn't an NC but I found the story interesting. While staying in a hotel outside of Mt Rushmore, in Keystone, SD, I saw this bike and the owner came out to talk. He and his wife have been on the road for 6 months riding 2 up. They are from Brazil and started the trip in Patagonia in the southern tip of South American and rode all the way to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. They were now on their way to New York. All their gear fit into the 3 boxes, plus they had a bag on top of each of the boxes. He proudly showed me the decal on the windscreen of their trip. Since their English was not very good, the conversion was limited. I showed them a picture of my NC and he showed me a picture of the wife's Honda 70.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Anyone on here ride a silver first gen NC with a grey jacket and Lego yellow helmet?
    Saw him going south on 880 by whipple rd yesterday around 930 am

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    I spotted another NC700 on the road today. We rode together for PIE, does that count!!?? :{)

Seen in the wild-sams-first-ride-me-harrison-pie-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

I got to see another NC700 today, a beautiful RED one. It was parked at a Thomas Hammer in SPokane Washington... Hammer Time(coffee)! I even grabbed a picture of his bike!! :{)

Seen in the wild-marks-2014-red-nc700x-luggage-july-2018-jpg

I got to visit with him for a bit. He had just recently returned from a month long trip to ALASKA! :{)
    Last edited by Rapturee; 12th July 2018 at 21:49. Reason: rented fingers, my lease is about up though.

Saw a nice/new looking Silver NC yesterday while i was in Post Falls Idaho. It was heading south on Spokane St x 15th Ave yesterday about 3pm!! Nice new looking jacket/helmet as well.... :{)

Saw the same guy on the same NC, still wearing the same new jacket/helmet as i blew past him on the I-90 W/B freeway earlier today at about mp5. I gave him a "Thumbs up" and got off of the freeway at exit #5. I lost him behind me in traffic and then saw him later as he was N/B again on Spokane St nearing Poleline AVe. Next time hopefully i'll have some time and i'll hunt him down and introduce myself and our forum! :{)

Senior Member Seen in the wild
    Seen in the wild

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT
    Spotted a naked black NC with offroad-ish tires on Martin Way at Carpenter Rd in Olympia, WA Monday afternoon around 4pm.
    >T
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.

Member Seen in the wild
    Bike: 2015 NC700x (wife - 2017 CB500xa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olythom View Post
    Spotted a naked black NC with offroad-ish tires on Martin Way at Carpenter Rd in Olympia, WA Monday afternoon around 4pm.
    >T
    Oly, I miss seeing your riding posts and playing NC Tag, I remember seeing a post that you were out for a bit, are you healed up and riding again?

Senior Member Seen in the wild
    Seen in the wild

Bike: 2015 NC700X DCT
    NWC.... Thanks for asking. I am almost 8 weeks into rehab after having rotator cuff surgery. Damage was extensive, having beat up on the shoulder for a long time (The first injury was over 30 years ago). Anyway, we just started rebuilding muscle 2 weeks ago. I am getting to the point where I expect to start riding again in the next week or two but still have reservations about 1) picking the bike up if I were to drop it and 2) wheeling it around for parking, etc. Not riding is starting to make me a little crazy but I really cannot afford to re-injure the shoulder so I am being a little conservative.
    See ya on the road soon...
    >T
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.

so good to hear that you are recovering nicely OT!! You have been missed... :{)