Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Gloves?

Bike: 2012 NC700x, 2011 NT700

Winter Gloves?

Hi Guys....Any recommendations for a good set of winter gloves? I'd go for heated but short on $$$ right now. All suggestions are appreciated.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I've used these through a couple winters riding down into the upper 20's fbut usually around 30's f

The reviews on revzilla are similar to my experience

Cortech Scarab 2.0 Gloves - RevZilla
    Last edited by rippin209; 23rd September 2019 at 14:51.

Senior Member Winter Gloves? ld_rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Black ABS/DCT
    My 2 cents....

I'm in New England north of you and ride mostly year-round. I haven't found a pair of gloves yet that will keep the digits warm (especially the poor pinky finger).

A lot depends on how long you plan to ride, how fast you are riding and at what ambient temps. Big difference between a 20 minute commute @ 45 mph in 40 degF weather and a tour from Maine to Key West. In February. At 9deg F.

BTDT. Not fun. Never again!

I tried those thick, bulky winter gloves, BarkBuster hand shields, and yes for a half-hour or so at typical Interstate speeds they were ok, but ended up with electric gloves with thermostatic control. Pure heaven. If I didn't have the electric gloves, I think I would go for a windscreen of some sort to cover the left/right controls on the bike. Years ago they were called Hippohands or??

I know some riders on this forum have cobbled together a reasonable facsimile of those old hippo hands and with a pair of decent winter gloves something like that might work out for you. Good luck and keep warm!
    Rob in New England
    IBA# 540

I do have heated grips but they don't compare to heated gloves, I also live in California so my winters are more mild then most

Planning on moving to Washington in a year, possibly two

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700XE
    I got these Carhartt mittens last winter that slip over my gloves. Good for about an hour of 45 degree weather. With hand guards maybe 40. Under that I don't ride. Men's Waterproof Insulated Mitt A616 | Carhartt

Bike: '14 NC700X
    I have a pair Dianese that I'm pretty happy with. With heated grips I ride year round, right down to 0* and plenty of rain in the PNW. I had Scorpion the year before, but they had a time limit on how long they were water proof. RevIt came in a close second for my choices, but I was able to get Dianese for a little less.

My specific gloves are discontinued, but I'm sure the model that replaced them is just as good.

Dainese X-Travel Gore-Tex Gloves - Cycle Gear

Bike: 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2007 ST 1300, 84 Standard Goldwing. 2015 Airbag Goldwing, some kid
    I have some old tour masters that last a little while. Can't feel the heated grips through them very well. Bought some windproof and waterproof Fox gloves. They last about 30 minutes too when down in the 30s. Finally bought some California Heat gloves and jacket liner. Wished I would have sacrificed something years ago and bought them instead! I only use the gloves when going a ways in 30 F or 40 F. Otherwise not worth the hassle. Jacket goes on if going for hours and it's in the 50s. On low but keeps me comfortable and my muscles are relaxed and don't get tight between the shoulder blades.
    I bought mine at a MC show and got a discount.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Winter Gloves?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    More of a glove to avoid Alpinestars Apex Drystar Gloves | FortNine Canada They are bulky, not as warm as I would like and retain water.

Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    I've used these through a couple winters riding down into the upper 20's fbut usually around 30's f

The reviews on revzilla are similar to my experience

Cortech Scarab 2.0 Gloves - RevZilla
    Those look pretty good. Cortech makes quality stuff too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Those look pretty good. Cortech makes quality stuff too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The gauntlets have aged very well, I only use them 2 to 3 months a year and even then only in the morning most of the time, although I carry them in my frunk almost always still look practically new, they fit me perfectly, when my summer gloves were damaged, I was shopping for a replacement, I've tried a half dozen other brands and the sizing on the Cortech fit me perfectly, I ended up with these
    Last edited by rippin209; 24th September 2019 at 08:23.