Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Swing a leg over your bike.....short in the leg Steve

Bike: Kawasaki 750 H2, zephyr 750...both 1990

Swing a leg over your bike.....short in the leg Steve

Hi guys,
    Do any of you have a ‘lowered’ NC700 / 750 that live within a 4 hour drive of Walled Lake, Michigan.
    Just NW of Detroit, who would let me try the bike for size.
    I am not asking to RIDE the bike …….. just sit and try it for size and how it feels!

Obversely I have been to local dealers to sit on standard bikes, but would like to try a bike with after market seat and/or lowered by links.

I have over the years had several Kawasaki Z750 size bikes with no alteration to the suspension / seats etc, only adjustments to the standard shocks and forks…setting the sag, compression and rebound etc.
    I always feel OK but only tip toe on both sides, or ball of my foot on one side.

I will be using this bike mostly on road but would like to go on dirt and very light off road, and therefore have a little more foot contact!

Turned 60 this year and planning to do some long trips in the next couple of years, this bike seems it would fit the bill for the way I ride, longer trips, simple engine, low revs and good gas mileage can only help!

Thanks guys…..look foreword to good feedback as received in an earlier post
    Steve

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    How long would it take you to drive to Michigan City, IN (or the state line area near that city?)

Melensdad,
    Using google maps it looks like just over 3hrs….seems about right! I was at Gingerman race track a couple of weeks ago and google maps had that spot on.
    3 hours is fine with me and I have not been to Michigan City, In
    would like to meet up, just when and where ?
    Steve

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    My wife’s 2016 NC700x is lowered. I can probably meet you if we figure out a day/time.

Can you meet during the week? Maybe Tuesday?

EDIT:

Not sure what the weather looks like but I can probably meet during the day on Tuesday if the weather is reasonable. Its about 90 minutes ride for me to get to Michigan City. I have to be back home by late afternoon because we have dinner plans with other family members.

I might be able to meet next Friday too?

Last edited by melensdad; 16th August 2019 at 05:05.

Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....

Short.........

Steve,

Would this help.............?

Motorcycle Ergonomics

Slo_Rider

My wife has hospital appointments next Monday and Tuesday, but the rest of the week looks open.
    I would be willing to drive closer to your home (as you are the one helping me) if this helps you!
    Perhaps you could contact me some time next week when the time is good for you.
    I will try to send you a private message with my phone number…..again thanks for your offer.
    All the best Steve

Thanks Slo_Rider
    Interesting Tool……some what shows how I ‘fit’ on my existing bikes!
    As you know seat height is one element, but the cross section of seat and frame etc. also effects bike fit.
    So I believe the tool gives a good approximation but I still would like to try a modified bike.
    I do have time on my hands and doing more research just makes me feel more confident of my choice of bike.
    Again thanks for the input…..Steve

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Well the NC seat is up there with some of the worst seats ever, so you'll likely change that out later anyways.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2018 NC750x DCT.....

Short..........

Steve59,

One thing I did not initially appreciate about 'Cycle-Ergos' is the ability to show how lowering the bike or lowering the seat will impact things. I am a bit dense.

You have probably noticed it but you can put in a negative value in the 'seat-rise' pane to show how your feet hit the ground, and can do the same thing by changing your info in the 'rider-info' pane. By changing my 29" inseam to 31" my feet can touch the ground comfortably.

As for seats, many people here try 'Sargent Saddles', but they will not lower a saddle. The person I spoke with said to think of a saddle as a pyramid. The lower you go the wider it gets. They said they were not willing to scoop out the sides either.

I have lowered my bike with 'Soupys' links and so far, have not experienced any adverse issues, but it is very hot here in SC and the bike has been mostly parked.

Slo_Rider

Bike: 2001 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird, 2007 ST 1300, 84 Standard Goldwing.
    I have lowered two for my daughters. Used soupysperformance.com both times. Very happy with it. Also bought his adjustable kickstand and kickstand footprint enlarging piece too. One I lowered the forks on and the other I didn't. Can't tell much of a difference between them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk