Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To beak or not to beak

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700XE

To beak or not to beak

The beak. Must have one if you ever leave pavement! But seriously, I used to despise beaks & thought if I ever get an NC700X I'll saw it off. Well, haven't done it yet & not sure I will. That gaping hole would look even funnier. I'm learning to ignore the beak & just enjoy riding. It's part of the territory & not a deal breaker. I've seen heated discussions on beaks on other forums & I don't want to start a beak war here, just wanting some opinions. Like/Don't like/Doesn't matter?

Super Moderator To beak or not to beak 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    The beak is just a current styling trend, and performs no useful function on an NC7x0X. It’s just like the stupid a$$ in the air rear end with extended tiny fender designs current with the NC and sport bikes. The beak design is getting long in the tooth, so this styling trend will soon pass, and something else we’ll probably hate will come along next. What matters is that the bike is comfortable, functional, and takes me where I want to go
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Amen to that! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 14 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Banjovy View Post
    The beak. Must have one if you ever leave pavement! But seriously, I used to despise beaks & thought if I ever get an NC700X I'll saw it off. Well, haven't done it yet & not sure I will. That gaping hole would look even funnier. I'm learning to ignore the beak & just enjoy riding. It's part of the territory & not a deal breaker. I've seen heated discussions on beaks on other forums & I don't want to start a beak war here, just wanting some opinions. Like/Don't like/Doesn't matter?
    The beak is more bearable to look at if you take off the front fender, I donít know why. I had mine off to paint today and thought wow that doesnít look half bad To beak or not to beak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: 14 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by spads25 View Post
    The beak is more bearable to look at if you take off the front fender, I donít know why. I had mine off to paint today and thought wow that doesnít look half bad To beak or not to beak

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Doesn't bother me, I think it compliments the bike's overall design well. Much more so than some other bikes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: Harley Sportster 1200S, Harley XR1200x, Suzuki DRZ 400sm
    The beak is fine with me, what I couldn't stand was that gigantic apparatus that the rear license plate mounted to. That was the very first thing that disappeared from my 2018. There was no way I could live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by halfmt1 View Post
    The beak is fine with me, what I couldn't stand was that gigantic apparatus that the rear license plate mounted to. That was the very first thing that disappeared from my 2018. There was no way I could live with that.
    It doesn't look so bad with bags. Lol. I didn't like it much at first either.

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    It doesn't look so bad with bags. Lol. I didn't like it much at first either.

Yes, without bags it's sticking way out there but with them it fits in well enough

My bracket cracked and I'm planning on replacing the piece going from the motorcycle to the cluster where the lights and plate is, I'm going to use sheet metal folded or a piece of aluminum to fabricate a new bracket

It's been broken for awhile and hasn't fallen off so I'm not in a hurry to do it but it's on the list

Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    Yes, without bags it's sticking way out there but with them it fits in well enough

My bracket cracked and I'm planning on replacing the piece going from the motorcycle to the cluster where the lights and plate is, I'm going to use sheet metal folded or a piece of aluminum to fabricate a new bracket

It's been broken for awhile and hasn't fallen off so I'm not in a hurry to do it but it's on the list
    I need to fool with mine and figure out how easy it is to remove the whole thing lights and all from the tail section. I'm planning on doing a trackday in September and I'd rather remove the whole thing versus taping over all the lenses so that's one less thing to destroy/replace if I end up going down. Maybe I can figure how to put some inline disconnects in each of the rear blinker and tail light wires, or just simply unplug and hide the wires if it's made like that, so I can easily take it off and put it back on in between track days.