Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for 4 season jacket and summer glove recommendations

Bike: Nc700x
    I have been wearing a Rev-it Sand 2 jacket and pants for the last 7 years. I got them in 2012 when they first came out and they have been great. The current Sand 3 model has some improvements on what i have. I have worn mine in the low 20's and up in into triple digits and been comfortable. Fro cooler weather i zip in the rain liner and the thermal liner and in really hot weather i have the optional cooling vest they sell that zips inside and that vest makes a huge difference in hot weather comfort. I sized mine up a couple sizes too so i can wear them over normal clothes for my work commute.

I plan to replace these next year. They have held up really well but things like the velcro on the pockets are becoming useless and the zippers are starting getting worn out and difficult to operate. Given the time i have owned these, how many miles i have on them, how often i wear them and how many off road spills i have taken with these on i could not be more pleased with the quality. I plan to buy a sand 3 set as a replacement.

My favorite summer gloves are Joe Rocket velocity's. I don't like big bulky gloves, i prefer gloves like Motocross gloves and these are real close to that. They are also really inexpensive and really vent well, they cost like 23 bucks from revzilla. I now have the 2.0 version that works with touchscreens and they are great if you use our phone as a GPS on the bike.
    Last edited by jb882; 20th June 2019 at 13:24.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I need to invest in some riding pants that do good in cooler temps.

Yeah I should get some riding pants for warmer temps to go with the jacket I'm looking at
    Last edited by rippin209; 21st June 2019 at 02:03.

Senior Member Looking for 4 season jacket and summer glove recommendations FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    I need to invest in some riding pants that do good in cooler temps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    Yeah I should get some riding pants for warmer temps to go with the jacket I'm looking at
    Last year I bought a pair of Joe Rocket Phoenix Ion Men's Mesh for my summer riding, to go with my summer mesh jacket. Very happy with them. Haven't got to wearing them this year yet though with our weather!!
    --
    Fez

It's been awhile but I've only gone on a few rides sense I got my Tourmaster air intake 5 jacket, highly recommend, adequate protection and breaths like a T-shirt.
    The only negatives I've found are the stock back protector is practically useless (as most are) and the Velcro on the sleeve cuffs are a bit short, it's an easy fix and otherwise the jacket fits me perfect.

I'm on my 3rd pair of gloves so I still haven't found a pair that I'm satisfied with

Both gloves were overly armored for commuting or regular riding (in my opinion at least) I'm trying the Klim Dakar pro gloves next, at least they're real leather
    Last edited by rippin209; 15th August 2019 at 21:47.