Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 4 season jacket and summer glove recommendations

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    As for summer gloves, I am hunting some too, as my 12 yr old Alpinestars SMX carbon short gloves have holes in the end of 2 or 3 fingers. I really like the Alpinestars SMX-1 Air v2 and SMX-2 Air gloves, I may go with one of them. Also thought about buying a cheapo set of Icon Twenty-Niners which are only $35. I don't demand much from a summer glove. Little protection and comfort, but mostly just to keep bugs off my hands. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    I do have heated grips already as well as insulated Cortech gauntlets that keep my hands dry and almost always warm enough, my riding pants were in my side case when I went down so they're still in perfect condition.

I was looking at the firstgear Kathmandu but that's more pockets and just more everything then I need, I also heard it isn't very warm but all those huge vents looked very appealing for warmer rides.

After looking at the Tourmaster intake, it looks like it fits what I'm looking for perfectly, not many reviews and I can't find a video because the 5 model is so new, so I'm hoping I like, the details that are hard to pick up online can make a difference and I don't know of any brick and mortars that carry much gear anymore.

The gloves I was looking at (for warmer weather) were the icon hypersport short gloves (newer model) lots of protection, good ventilation and they look comfortable

I'm still not 100% on anything and I'm not in a hurry, still planning on waiting for a sale as I need to fix my motorcycle before I can ride and my existing gear would work for awhile anyway

I wanted to add I'm also planning on getting a heated vest now

P.s. My handlebars just arrived and I've got my mirrors and pegs already so in going to start the repairs soon with my son's help, hopefully the hardware on my handlebars cooperate
    Last edited by rippin209; 17th June 2019 at 20:11.

Senior Member Looking for 4 season jacket and summer glove recommendations
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Only thing I can add is on summer gloves is Five FIVE - ADVANCED GLOVES - Catalogue I have been pretty happy with them for warm weather.

I was also looking at a Klim glove

Klim Dakar Pro Gloves - RevZilla

Any opinions on those?

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by potter0o View Post
    Only thing I can add is on summer gloves is Five FIVE - ADVANCED GLOVES - Catalogue I have been pretty happy with them for warm weather.
    First I have heard of that brand and it looks like they make some badass gloves! I really dig the Five Stunt Evos! Looks like a great glove for $60-70 price range.

I would probably buy a pair if I hadn't have just went ahead and bought the Icon Twenty Niners. They were $35 on Revzilla and I had $20 zilla cash, so after taxes and shipping was sorted and zilla cash was credited, they were only $25 shipped.

I am gonna look over the five gloves more though, might buy some long gloves for colder weather later on.

Senior Member Looking for 4 season jacket and summer glove recommendations FezUSA's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X DCT
    I like my short (sport) Touratech/Cortech 3 season jackets. But I really like my Fieldsheer gear. Not as much mesh so not as breathable, but still flows a decent amount of air. It is a lot more 4 season though! Check out their current offerings.

Men's Jackets | Fieldsheer
    --
    Fez

Senior Member Looking for 4 season jacket and summer glove recommendations
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    First I have heard of that brand and it looks like they make some badass gloves! I really dig the Five Stunt Evos! Looks like a great glove for $60-70 price range.

I would probably buy a pair if I hadn't have just went ahead and bought the Icon Twenty Niners. They were $35 on Revzilla and I had $20 zilla cash, so after taxes and shipping was sorted and zilla cash was credited, they were only $25 shipped.

I am gonna look over the five gloves more though, might buy some long gloves for colder weather later on.

That is the exact model that I have. For my taste I thought it was the best mix of technical plastic and venting. In my fourth season of use and no concerns about the model. I wish I as happy with my Alpine Stars Winter gloves...

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    I still think layering is the best approach for wide temp and weather swings. That's why hiking and backpacking and the like have always gone that way. You can buy jackets like the Joe Rocket Alter Ego 3 that are really a layering approach. I can attest to that having a great super-durable outer shell that stays waterproof and has decent chest venting, but also allows you to strip back to a good mesh jacket. Mine has been a great jacket that's never let me down, even with a lot of off-road dirt naps that often involved getting flung or dragged.

But if you start with a mesh jacket like the Pilot Slate Air or similar, you can add whatever outer rain/cold layer you want and always have armor, and it's easy to find a down sweater like the Gerry ones sold at Costco or whatever that add warmth and windproof qualities without bulk. That and a performance t-shirt or underlayer and you are set for anything. And you don't have to zip or clip anything to anything else – just strip back or add on as the conditions demand. It also opens you to bargains from the hiking/backpacking/active sports markets, with more pricing, style, and fit options.

For the town/urban thing I even combine my mesh with one of my leather jackets sometimes...
    Last edited by greenboy; 18th June 2019 at 09:51.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums
    390 sounds better than 790 to me

Bike: NC700X, WR250R
    On that note, looks like Dennis Kirk and others have some especially good closeouts on the Alter Ego 3. I didn't check what sizes were available, but Joe Rocket is really good about having more sizing and color selection than just about anybody else. For me the only downside was the sleeve zippers would come up gradually over a day, which I solved by dabbing a tiny bit of shoe goop on the zipper and running it up and down immediately before it could dry.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/albums
    390 sounds better than 790 to me

Thanks for the recommendations and keep them coming, I'm checking out all this stuff sense in still sitting around for the most part and if anyone hears of a good sale or anything site wide please let me know, thanks everyone