Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auxiliary Light Idea. Feedback?

Bike: Honda NC 750 XD
    @Naked_Duc, can you explain the wiring with some detail, please?

Many thanks in advance.

Senior Member Auxiliary Light Idea.  Feedback? ld_rider's Avatar
    Bike: 2014 Black ABS/DCT
    Looks like those lamps would be mounted way too low to be used for turn signals. Maybe it is just the angle of the picture?
    Also, turn signals also have to be seen from the side, that is why stock turn signals don't have the lens hidden in a housing but instead the lens "pop" out beyond the housing. Allows drivers to see your intentions not only when positioned directly in front of you, but also if at an angle.

I would use them as DLRs and stick with the stock turn signals. The shot in your garage does show a nice cutoff pattern for the lamps, how are they on the road?
    Rob in New England
    IBA# 540

Bike: Ducati Monster, NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by ld_rider View Post
    Looks like those lamps would be mounted way too low to be used for turn signals. Maybe it is just the angle of the picture?
    Also, turn signals also have to be seen from the side, that is why stock turn signals don't have the lens hidden in a housing but instead the lens "pop" out beyond the housing. Allows drivers to see your intentions not only when positioned directly in front of you, but also if at an angle.

I would use them as DLRs and stick with the stock turn signals. The shot in your garage does show a nice cutoff pattern for the lamps, how are they on the road?
    Yah, I agree that they are positioned too low to be used as the replacement for the turn-signal. And side view is another issue, good point. So I will decide if I will use them as another set of amber blinkers or white DL. Both has its added benefits.

As for the light pattern, they turn out better than I expected (from Amazon customer pictures). I have yet to take them out on the streets yet since I had only installed one side and the bike is "naked". I will need to decide what to do with the halos before putting everything back together.
    Naked_Duc (Tony)

Quote Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
    @Naked_Duc, can you explain the wiring with some detail, please?

Many thanks in advance.
    I will draw it out and post it as a picture later when everything is done. It's been a fun little project. My wife compares it to Legos for grownups.
    Naked_Duc (Tony)

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked_Duc View Post
    Yah, I agree that they are positioned too low to be used as the replacement for the turn-signal. And side view is another issue, good point. So I will decide if I will use them as another set of amber blinkers or white DL. Both has its added benefits.

As for the light pattern, they turn out better than I expected (from Amazon customer pictures). I have yet to take them out on the streets yet since I had only installed one side and the bike is "naked". I will need to decide what to do with the halos before putting everything back together.
    My recommendation wasn't as a replacement, it was meant to be in addition to the stock turn signals

Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    My recommendation wasn't as a replacement, it was meant to be in addition to the stock turn signals
    I hear ya. I am leaning more on using it as extra set of blinkers. I appreciate the feedback.
    Naked_Duc (Tony)