Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How low can an NC be lowered?

Senior Member How low can an NC be lowered?
    Bike: SV,WR,YZ,NC
    I'd recommend un-lowering and un-stretching the Grom. I imagine the seat height is low enough to flat foot at stock height, and it'll handle a lot better.
    12 NC700X
    14 WR450F SM
    15 450/520XCF SM

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    I'd recommend un-lowering and un-stretching the Grom. I imagine the seat height is low enough to flat foot at stock height, and it'll handle a lot better.
    She sat on a stock one at the honda shop, could not touch at all. Already being stretched and lowered was one of the main reasons we got this one, as it was ready to go for her. You have to stretch them in order to lower it beyond 2.5". Stock seat height on these things is 30", only 3" less than our NC's. For comparison, her Bolt's seat height is 27.2" but its a little wider which makes it a bit harder to touch. Gonna put a 1.5" lowering kit on her Bolt when Low and Mean gets their machine shop drama under control and gets more brackets in stock. Guy said the Grom had a 3" lowering kit on it but I think he may be mistaken and it has the 4.5" kit on it, could be wrong though. Either way it is perfect for her to learn on and I have already noticed the undercarriage's proximity to the ground, especially with me on it LOL, so when she gets ready for the road, we wont be riding very fast or on bumpy roads. She's still got a lot more parking lot riding to do first.

Also a longer wheelbase provides for more stability, less quick to turn in. Which is fine for her learning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacomaJD; 17th June 2019 at 09:37.

Also gonna go back to the drawing board on the 300cc sportbikes and research lowering them some more. I really wish she could ride one of them, but they have 30"-ish seat height too. But if we could safely get one low enough, it would much easier to handle and manipulate than the Bolt.

Super Moderator How low can an NC be lowered? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Honda seems to have a target seat height of 30-31 inches, even for small machines. Even a Metropolitan scooter has a seat a bit too tall for my wife. I find it frustrating looking for a bike hit a short legged rider. Cruisers would work but I’m not into the feet forward riding style.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Honda seems to have a target seat height of 30-31 inches, even for small machines. Even a Metropolitan scooter has a seat a bit too tall for my wife. I find it frustrating looking for a bike hit a short legged rider. Cruisers would work but Iím not into the feet forward riding style.
    The bolt foot pegs are kinda neutral, not really out forward, but not tucked back either. Perfect for short legged riders, which I guess one with short legs on Bolt pegs ends up being feet forward due to short leggedness. Lol.

Also, we might keep the Grom for the boy no more than we got in it. Just depends. She has something to ride and practice on now and the boy has the dirtbike, so both will be occupied for a while with those.