Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Great Emergency Service Experience - MR Motorcycle in Asheville NC

Junior Member Great Emergency Service Experience - MR Motorcycle in Asheville NCGreat Emergency Service Experience - MR Motorcycle in Asheville NC
    Bike: 2013 Honda NC700x, 2017 Moto Guzzi v7III Stone

Great Emergency Service Experience - MR Motorcycle in Asheville NC

I was in Asheville this past weekend, after attending an ADV rally in Murphy, NC (I missed the NC get together). While riding through Asheville, I noticed a clanking/banging noise from the rear of the bike, getting progressively louder. I brought it to MR Motorcycle in downtown Asheveille for a diagnosis and repair. Alex Brown, the service manager there, was just great. When I told him I was on a tour and wanted to get back on the road ASAP, he got my bike right into the service bay, even though it was a busy day for them. His tech, David, diagnosed the problem as a bad rear axle bearing. Alex didn't have the OEM bearing in stock, but managed to find in his shop a Kawasaki bearing that fit my Honda. He installed the bearing, and a new chain, and had me on my way in two hours, at a very reasonable price. You always worry when you go to an out-of-town shop that they are going to take advantage of you because they can. That wasn't the case here at all. Alex and Dave were very professional, very helpful, and I highly recommend this shop to everyone. It is located at 774 Hendersonville Road in Asheville. Tel: 828-277-8600.

Senior Member Great Emergency Service Experience - MR Motorcycle in Asheville NC
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    Glad to hear that they did you right. Which of the bearings was it? How many miles on the bike?
    12 NC700X
    11 FE570
    11 FS570
    15 450/520XCF SM

Super Moderator Great Emergency Service Experience - MR Motorcycle in Asheville NC 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    I once made the mistake of riding my Goldwing the 600 miles to the Smokies on a front tire that started looking a little thin by the time I’d gotten there. I should have changed it before I left home. I stopped in at MR Motorcycle at Asheville and they got me right in and installed a front tire. I usually do all my own tire change work, but I think their price was reasonable and the job was done quickly.

GregT, sorry we weren’t able to meet up, as I was just there at the KSL meet.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250