Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Picked up.seat concepts seat today at the upholsterer. They did have to sew a piece of vinyl on the rear of the seat to get it to work. Only charged me $20 to sew on the vinyl and to install it on my pan. Cheap enough.

I like the grip material. It is definitely better than stock, but to what degree I am unsure, as I have only ridden about 25 miles on it. It still feels firm and its profile is pretty flat, so I still may get the pressure points on long rides, but it will definitely not be the same as with stock seat. Pushing on the rear seat with my fingers and then pushing on the seat concepts seat, the seat concepts feels firmer than the stock rear seat. Wish it was a little more plush to conform better. It definitely added some height, I like it though, my right leg isn't as bent as with stock seat. And it's width at the front of the seat impacts touching the ground also. I can still flat-foot it, but my legs are straight now. Will update later once I rack up some miles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: Harley Sportster 1200S, Harley XR1200x, Suzuki DRZ 400sm
    I got my seat concepts seat on, and after a couple of hundred miles on it, I feel that it's better than the stock seat. But, not quite there, as far as not thinking about it while riding long stretches.
    Oh well it will remain for now.

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700XE
    Looks like that would be more comfortable than stock, maybe a little wider. I just got mine, haven't even taken it out of the box but probably won't install it until after I get hip surgery (in 2 weeks) & recover, then same with the other hip. Won't be putting many miles on my new bike before October. That sucks, I've only had my NC700X for a month & it's been raining half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Banjovy View Post
    Looks like that would be more comfortable than stock, maybe a little wider. I just got mine, haven't even taken it out of the box but probably won't install it until after I get hip surgery (in 2 weeks) & recover, then same with the other hip. Won't be putting many miles on my new bike before October. That sucks, I've only had my NC700X for a month & it's been raining half the time.
    I am not overly picky with demanding comfort, so it may end up being tolerable for me. If I don't get a chance to knock out a long ride before it, I'll be riding (the long way) back to Nashville, TN July 26th for a Alice In Chains & Korn concert, so it will get tested that day. Regardless, the added width and no more slope is a big improvement over stock. Good luck to you on surgeries and recoveries. Nothing fun about that, I've had more than my fair share of surgeries and nothing sucks more than being laid up not able to do anything.

Bike: 2015 NC700DCT
    TacomaJD, hope the new seat serves you well. I saw your earlier post where Revzilla told you Shad basically wont be making any more seats for the NC. I ordered one last week directly from Shad ($299 + shipping) and received it today. Only rode a few miles today, so the jury is still out, but I already know it beats the stock seat.

Quote Originally Posted by EastTenn View Post
    TacomaJD, hope the new seat serves you well. I saw your earlier post where Revzilla told you Shad basically wont be making any more seats for the NC. I ordered one last week directly from Shad ($299 + shipping) and received it today. Only rode a few miles today, so the jury is still out, but I already know it beats the stock seat.
    Wtf! Lol. You got front and rear seats for $299+shipping? I paid $370 shipped through Revzilla.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk