Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??

Bike: 750 XD, FLHTC, Can Am RT
    TacomaJD, it might depend on what kind of staple gun you have. Last week I installed Utopia backrest and tried to put the cover back on with an Arrow staple gun. The plastic seat pan is pretty damn tough. I ended up going out to Harbor Freight and buying a air stapler. Which is in the instructions.

The $24. Chinese stapler works just fine.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I have the harbor freight air stapler as well. I am going to let the local guy do it (unless he is stupid high), as I have enough irons in the fire for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2015 NC700X
    What is the “rubber cane end” trick you speak of? I hate my factory seat...I’ve got a gel pad on it now which helps in the cushion department...but could really do without my “boys” adorning the frunk kid...
    Last edited by AZRacer; 24th May 2019 at 22:22. Reason: Addition

Quote Originally Posted by AZRacer View Post
    What is the “rubber cane end” trick you speak of? I hate my factory seat...I’ve got a gel pad on it now which helps in the cushion department...but could really do without my “boys” adorning the frunk kid...
    Puts some large rubber stopper type things, like rubber ends that you put on barstool legs or something, under the front of the seat to raise it up to level, then you have to fabricate a new piece of metal that is higher for the front of the seat to hook into since it won't reach down to the stock hook. This leaves a significant gap between the front of the seat and bike and looks kinda goofy, but if it fixes everything, may be worth it to some.

For me, I dont feel correcting slope of stock seat would be a good fix, as I feel the seat contour sucks and foam density is too firm regardless of slope. But everybody's bum is different I suppose.

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    That's a pretty solid review there.

something different works for everyone so insights to feedback or reviews are always appreciated. probably part of why new ppl like myself end up pouring through several threads before giving up and posting in 4 year old zombie threads. just looking for fit, then comfort myself. Sometimes I think we're just whinging over saddle soars. go ride.

Super Moderator No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run?? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AZRacer View Post
    I believe it refers to the slope mod, or what we know as the “showkey mod.”

Seat mod......slope change
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Member No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??
    Bike: NC700Xdct,CRF250L,NT700VA

Air bladder seat

[QUOTE=670cc;211564]I believe it refers to the slope mod, or what we know as the “showkey mod.”

Seat mod......slope change
    [/QUOTE
    Stock seat too hard for me and it has a forward slope. I have seat concepts on another bike and like it. I ordered Seat Concepts foam and cover for the NC. I did not like the way the cover is sewn, particularly the pointy corners around the gas tank. Sent it back. With shipping and a 15% restock fee it was a $90 error for me. I ordered an Airhawk second generation bladder seat and did not like it. The original Airhawk bladder seat was made of neoprene rubber and worked well. The new gereration Airhawk is made from polyurethane and makes a crinkling sound and is uncomfortable. I sent it back to Revzilla. I found a suitable substitute at Airseat Innovations. They use a neoprene rubber bladder like the original Airhawk. The bladder chambers are larger than the airhawk but still functions well with adjustability to fit your needs. It is a $110 alternative that works well for me. Seats are like windshields, one size does not fit all.

Dropped the oem seat and the Seat Concepts foam/cover off at the upholstery shop today. I got it off ebay from an independent dealer labeled as new old stock for $115 shipped. Upon inspecting after its arrival, I think it may have been a factory blem, but I could be wrong. The rear of the Seat Concepts cover did not have any extra vinyl hanging off to wrap underneath and staple to the pan. All other 3 sides did. It literally just ended at the end of the grip material on the rear side of the seat. The upholstery guy said they have black vinyl and can stitch a piece onto it so that it can be stapled correctly if there doesn't end up being enough there to pull down and staple. Hard to believe its supposed to be like that by looking at it. But maybe I am wrong, just looked off to me.

Is this what yalls seat concepts looked like? These are pics from ebay listing.

Bike: Drz 400; nc700x dct
    Sargent. Big improvement, but no idea how it compares to others.
    https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/nc700x_dct_abs/2015/oklahomahank/621000]