Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Unexpectedly, I found a new old stock seat concepts standard seat on ebay with the grip material on the top. It is priced at $149 free shipping or best offer, and exclaims in the details that "all reasonable offers accepted" so I offered $115 shipped. Waiting to see if seller accepts. I figure that's a pretty solid deal and cheap enough to give it a try. It looks like it might fit a tall 38" waisted guy fairly good.

And don't any of you go offering more than me for it! LOL

Feel free to delete thread so as not to add to the clutter of using the search button for seat info. If this route doesn't work out, I will have to form a plan C.

Seller accepted offer of $115 shipped. That find made this seat ordeal an easy decision.

Bike: 2014 Honda NC700XE
    Cool, you won't have to wait 14-21 business days for it to ship from SeatConcepts. I ordered mine 6 days ago & probably won't see it for another 2-3 weeks. People loved the Russel Day Long saddle on my old VStrom forum but they start at $540 for the NC700X so that's off my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan_Banjovy View Post
    Cool, you won't have to wait 14-21 business days for it to ship from SeatConcepts. I ordered mine 6 days ago & probably won't see it for another 2-3 weeks. People loved the Russel Day Long saddle on my old VStrom forum but they start at $540 for the NC700X so that's off my radar.
    Says seller is located in Arizona. Pics are supposed to be of actual item and it has the paperwork/instructions pictured from Seat Concepts. Now I'm debating on whether I want to do it myself or pay the local work-from-home upholstery guy probably $20 to do it and save the headache. I have a staple gun and staples, so I may attempt it myself, but I've wasted $20 on a lot of dumb stuff over the years, would probably be worth it letting them do it. Lol.

Bike: Harley Sportster 1200S, Harley XR1200x, Suzuki DRZ 400sm
    I also have a Seat Concepts coming, we can all meet back here and compare notes.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    I too have tried different seats. I tried forcing myself to get "toughened-up" to the stock seat, that was a futile/frustrating test of endurance. Then i added the little rubber cane ends to raise it and it was much better on not riding up onto the frunk, but still a medieval torture device. Next i scored a good/slightly used Shad, and although it was better than the stock seat, it was very uncomfortable in different areas on my bum. Sold that to another member here and got a good deal on an old worn out duct-taped Corbin. That was the best seat i had up to that time. I made several 400-500 mile day rides on it, but it was still uncomfortable/painful by the end of the days ride. Finally, i scored a great deal on a RDL from a member here who tried it and didn't like the style. He was 6'7" 230 36" and i am 6'6" 230 36".....S-C-O-R-E!

It is the best seat i have ever used and i love it! I made a few short rides on it and it took a little getting used to those wings, but man is it the best! I recently returned from a 9 day, 6 state 2600 mile vacation ride. During that time i rode five 500+/- mile days. At the end of each day i was tired and worn out but my bum wasn't hurting!! :{)

No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??-3step-vac-hole-rock-welded-jeep-jpg

Here i just installed my new Dales rear seat Rack(today), it's a perfect fit up against the RDL.
    No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??-dales-rear-seat-rack-jpg
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Senior Member No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run?? GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Iíve got 20,000 miles on my Sargent. Itís been very comfortable on many 300-500 mile days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    I too have tried different seats. I tried forcing myself to get "toughened-up" to the stock seat, that was a futile/frustrating test of endurance. Then i added the little rubber cane ends to raise it and it was much better on not riding up onto the frunk, but still a medieval torture device. Next i scored a good/slightly used Shad, and although it was better than the stock seat, it was very uncomfortable in different areas on my bum. Sold that to another member here and got a good deal on an old worn out duct-taped Corbin. That was the best seat i had up to that time. I made several 400-500 mile day rides on it, but it was still uncomfortable/painful by the end of the days ride. Finally, i scored a great deal on a RDL from a member here who tried it and didn't like the style. He was 6'7" 230 36" and i am 6'6" 230 36".....S-C-O-R-E!

It is the best seat i have ever used and i love it! I made a few short rides on it and it took a little getting used to those wings, but man is it the best! I recently returned from a 9 day, 6 state 2600 mile vacation ride. During that time i rode five 500+/- mile days. At the end of each day i was tired and worn out but my bum wasn't hurting!! :{)

No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??-3step-vac-hole-rock-welded-jeep-jpg

Here i just installed my new Dales rear seat Rack(today), it's a perfect fit up against the RDL.
    No Shad seat for NC700X? What seat do you run??-dales-rear-seat-rack-jpg
    That does look mighty comfy! That cover looks different than the ones I have seen, or maybe I am thinking of the wrong seat?

Also, dear lord at that luggage bag LOL. That is awesome! One of these days I am going to take a vacation ride like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacomaJD; 23rd May 2019 at 21:33.

Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Iíve got 20,000 miles on my Sargent. Itís been very comfortable on many 300-500 mile days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a pretty solid review there.

Bike: NC700X DCT

seat

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    That's a pretty solid review there.

I installed a Seat Concepts seat about 8 weeks ago. It has been a lot better than the stock seat. If I decide to commit the money I would like to try one of the RDL's.