Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA

Bike: Honda NC700X

Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA

For some reason, which I don't understand, the cost to fully insure a Honda NC700X (Liability, Uninsured/Underinsured, Comp & Collision is over two times as much as to insure as my Suzuki S50 (800cc) Boulevard with similar coverage. Both bikes cost about the same (new), and have about the same horsepower. The main difference is, the S50 is a cruiser, while the NC700X is an Adventure Bike.

It's unfortunate that the insurance is so much, as any savings from increase mileage is offset by the higher insurance costs.

I've talked to several Honda Dealerships about this problem, hoping that maybe Honda can explain to the insurance companies, that the NC700X is not a high performance bike.

A few months back, I was comparing costs of insuring motocycles, and it was cheaper to insure, with full coverage, a new BMW F650 GS, then the Honda NC700X.

Has anyone had any luck at finding full coverage in the US at reasonable rates? I"m looking at about $700 a year with 50,000/100,000 liability, no medical, and 250 deductable for Comp and Collision.

Thanks for any help.

Bike: NC700X Manual non ABS
    I was surprised at the high cost also, although I have nothing to compare it ta as I have not owned a street bike in over 20 years. My cost is a little over $600 yr, coverage is similar to yours but mine also has medical coverage. I am with Geico. And welcome to the forum from Texas!

Fixed Idea Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA
    Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA
    Bike: CBR125R NC700XA
    Well, if it's any consolation (if no help, sorry) my NC700X costs me about $2,000.00 +/- per year, to insure up here.

Holy damn, 700 bucks would be awesome!

Bike: NC700X and 2002 GL1800
    $250 per year here with Geico. I am old and have a good credit score and driving record.

My Goldwing is $305 per year.
    Last edited by Billy Budd; 7th January 2013 at 14:24.

Super Moderator Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Insurance is such a personal thing, what with your location, credit rating, age, experience and a dozen other factors coming into play. What I pay and what you pay has a whole lot more to do with who we are and where we live than about the bike.

I don't buy collision coverage, but liability (including umbrella), comprehensive, and accessory coverage on my NC700X, when added to my existing motorcycle policies, costs me a whopping $95.

You can never shop around too much for insurance, because rates vary greatly from one company to the next, and even from one year to the next at the same company. I usually move to a new insurer every two years or so unless they hold the rates low.

Greg
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2012 NC700X DCT (BMW K1200LT 140,000+ miles - husbands)
    Insurance was twice as much as our BMW K1200LT.????!!!

Bike: NC700X and 2002 GL1800
    I wonder if some companies are considering this a Sport Bike? Also Progressive sent me a letter congratulating me on my safe driving record and made me a Gold Member then raised my rates 10%. I cancelled both bikes and the Rhino.............

Bike: '12 NC700XC
    I found the NCX to be very similar in price (basically identical) to similar bikes (also new; used bikes are always much cheaper) such as the V-Strom and Versys. I did not compare it to a BMW, since I wasn't looking at one and they're massively more money anyway. I did compare to a Tiger 800, and again it was similar in price, but the NCX was cheaper than that bike.

The easiest way to lower your insurance bill is to move. That's said in jest, but only partly so. We moved a few miles early this year and saw a gigantic jump in insurance costs.

Bike: nc700xd
    My agent told me they, progressive, has our bike in the same class as the crotch rockets...hence the high premiums. This will not change until the insurance companies are convinced this is not a performance machine.
    Craig

Senior Member Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA
    Bike: 2012 nc700x
    Try rider insurance. It is on line and not available in all states. They have. Very good rates ($250 year for full coverage on the NC) and their customer service is great.
    2014 Honda GROM
    2013 Honda CBR600RR
    2013 Honda CRF250L
    2012 Honda NC700X

states visited on a bike

states visited on the NC