Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA

Super Moderator Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Quote Originally Posted by QuinnSea View Post
    I have Progressive Insurance (I only insure my bikes with them, nothing else) and for my two bikes (2005 - CMX250C) and (2012 - NC700X) with $500,000/$500,000 full coverage with $1000 deductible is $391/year. I asked about dropping the CMX250C and the yearly rate when UP $92, when I asked why it would go up and not down, Progressive said because I would then be riding the more expensive bike (NC700X) all the time and the chances of an accident are greater, whereas if I have two bikes I would not be riding the better bike (NC700X) as much so it is cheaper. Go figure...
    Well that explains why the rate for all six of mine combined is less than what some people pay for one. The more you buy, the more you save!
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2014 nc700x dct
    wow, these rates are across the board.

Ohio - took msf, own a home, married and mediocre coverage with geico = $99/year

That being said i'm going back to progressive at @240-ish you get 'uninsured motorist', 'towing' and better coverage; granted it more than double :-/

Super Moderator
    Bike: NC700x, ST1300, XR250L, CX500 Turbo, TRX350fwd, CT90, C70, TRX250, TRX 500, VFR1200x
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Well that explains why the rate for all six of mine combined is less than what some people pay for one. The more you buy, the more you save!
    ^^^^^^^true

My fifth bike add on is $7.00 for the liability coverage. ( with progressive). ( do not need medical or collision on the bikes, (I do chose higher limits on liability on all my vehicles with added rider)
    Last edited by showkey; 12th January 2016 at 06:18.

Bike: NC700X
    Cost of motorycle insurance is very different from state to state and from county to county within any state. What is the best price this year, can turn into the worst price next year. Some companies even offer great price first year to get you with the company, then raise the rates the next year. My advise is check your local rate each and every year.
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    I know this thread is old but I'm (maybe) running into insurance issues. I thought USAA would cover me like my car and home but they don't write MC policies in Iowa. And due to a minor no fault wreck someone else had while driving my car and 3 tickets (2 under 10mph-over tickets, one seatbelt ticket) the sub writer the use said I won't qualify there until Dec. when two tickets drop. Called progressive, they were only $75/yr on my KTM. The poor kid i got didn't know how to sell insurance for bikes (or didn't understand english) and asked things like "does it have auto stop on engine". This ended up being ABS. There were a few others where I was thinking whaaaaaaaaaaa? They kept trying to get me to get auto and home quotes and when I kept saying I'm a vet with USAA, you can't beat them and i didn't have time for it it seems like she got ticked, put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said my total quote would be over 700/yr. Still haven't received the promised email quote.

Anyone know of any other insurers besides Geico that likes bikes? PM me if you don't want to advertise anything.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    I know this thread is old but I'm (maybe) running into insurance issues. I thought USAA would cover me like my car and home but they don't write MC policies in Iowa. And due to a minor no fault wreck someone else had while driving my car and 3 tickets (2 under 10mph-over tickets, one seatbelt ticket) the sub writer the use said I won't qualify there until Dec. when two tickets drop. Called progressive, they were only $75/yr on my KTM. The poor kid i got didn't know how to sell insurance for bikes (or didn't understand english) and asked things like "does it have auto stop on engine". This ended up being ABS. There were a few others where I was thinking whaaaaaaaaaaa? They kept trying to get me to get auto and home quotes and when I kept saying I'm a vet with USAA, you can't beat them and i didn't have time for it it seems like she got ticked, put me on hold for a few minutes and came back and said my total quote would be over 700/yr. Still haven't received the promised email quote.

Anyone know of any other insurers besides Geico that likes bikes? PM me if you don't want to advertise anything.
    I have Progressive. Not saying they are the best or least expensive, but they were very easy to deal with. I started my policy a few years back online, paid with a credit card and printed my proof of insurance. Easy peasy.
    I recently called them to adjust my coverage and got connected to an actual human that spoke my language. Very helpful.
    I havenít had to make a claim with Progressive, so no experience good or bad with that yet (thankfully).

JT

Senior Member Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Iíve got USAA for all my insurance and used Progressive for my NC700 since thatís who USAA affiliates with to write that insurance (maybe boats as well).

I never had to speak with an agent - it was all done online. Just filled out the form online, got the quote, adjusted coverage to my needs, and clicked ďaccept.Ē Done. Easy Peasy. Mine started around $650/yr with full coverage, replacement value, low deductibles, etc. I have a clean record. Itís dropped to about $400 now that the bike is over 3 years old, still maintaining full coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Motorcycle Insurance for the NC700X in the USA New Commuter700's Avatar
    $300 a year on the bike. But my insurance on my pickup dropped to $210 per year because State Farm allowed my to put my bike as primary and the truck as a low miler. My wife works from home so her car is already a low miler, but her insurance is still $400 per year

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Got both my bikes full coverage with Allstate for $46/mo. We also have 3 autos, our home, and 2 rental properties with them as well, and they were the cheapest, most reliable coverage I could find on all of it together.

We were with Cincinnati through a local independent agent and they were awesome, great coverage at great rates. Then they stopped selling residential policies in our area so we lost that coverage and after checking with Farmers, Alfa, and Statefarm, I landed with Allstate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When it comes to insurance every state is different, and the cost will be different in each state. Each state has itís own state laws that set the base rate for that state. Most times the state rate is set by the previous three year claim record. That is why when a new motorcycle comes out the rate is so high, there is no claim record..

Having been in the insurance business for so many years, the only real way to know if you have a good deal is to shop every year. The companies file the various state deviations from the state set rates. Most times, if you have a bad track record for the last three years, you will pay 15% above the state rate. With a perfect track record, insurance can be found that is as low as 15% below the state set rate. But every year the state rate changes on every vehicle, and a new vehicle type will have high rates, and your driving record changes.

So, no simple answer for any one person or company! Keep checking your current rate!!!!!!!!
    Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!