Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Took a Spill

Senior Member Took a Spill MalcolmReynolds's Avatar
    Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Garry, sorry to hear about your spill. Glad you are OK. I wouldn't be in a hurry in making any decisions about quitting riding. Give yourself some time to heal and then jump back on the bike and see how you feel about it then. Maybe a little time to just to get a clear perspective on things and to evaluate the situation. As others have said only you will know what your capabilities are.

Bike: 2016 NC700
    I'm 69 and have 6 bikes, the latest is a Kawasaki ZX14 that I'm putting bar risers on, but I also have an FJR, Concours, Suzuki B King, Yamaha FZ6R and the NC700X. I like to ride aggressively, but less so than the past. I've totaled 3 bikes over my 55 years of riding, but thankfully never been hurt seriously. My advice is to give it some time, and I'll bet by late spring, you'll want to be riding again--it's addictive. I don't know what I'll do when I'm no longer physically able to ride, but I'm going to ride every chance I get. I'm still working (I've got a son in dental school), and have been diagnosed with chronic lymphoma (I'm ok for now), so riding time is precious to me. Just keep on truckin'.

Senior Member Took a Spill davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
    It's funny, with all the hate. Personally, I really like the looks of the new Can-Am Ryker, and the price is actually reasonable. But everyone has their own views. If I ever get to where I can't do 2 wheels, something like that, for me, is a viable alternative to being caged up.
    Yep, I like the look and the ergonomics isnt bad for an entry level priced machine (the handlebars and foot controls are adjustable without the need for tools). C&C Powersports pissed me off so I wont be purchasing anything from them-probably ever; the Rykers come in a 600 cc version (msrp-$8499) and the 900 cc comes in two versions (Rally and non-rally: $9999 for the non-rally and $10,999 for the Rally). If you buy OEM side cases, there is only one-for the non exhaust side; you can choose to have a passenger seat or a top box-not both. Going to Florida and may head over to the Daytona track during bike week and see if they have any for test rides...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Took a Spill davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey1one View Post
    There is a three wheeler that leans, the review I read said it was a much better ride than they thought it would be.

Yamaha Niken

Attachment 37818
    Yep, $15,999 msrp and a max lean angle of 45' (per articles I have read). Same motor as the Tracer 900gt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Took a Spill
    Bike: SV,WR,YZ,NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey1one View Post
    There is a three wheeler that leans, the review I read said it was a much better ride than they thought it would be.

Yamaha Niken

Attachment 37818
    Yamaha Niken Review – 4theriders a friend of mine rode one and really liked it

Senior Member Took a Spill GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. I'll may be reviewing them again in a few weeks as I consider the future. I'll keep you posted.
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Bike: '17 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    if I was getting something with 3 wheels I'd at least want it to lean properly rather than ride like a quad

I figure when I hit the age where I'm worried about two wheels, I'm just going to throw a sidecar on my bike and keep riding off into that sunset.

Until then, I will be a firm believer that motorcycles are safer than cars. With half the wheels, it must be half as dangerous.

Bike: Harley Sportster 1200S, Harley XR1200x, Suzuki DRZ 400sm
    I'm not much for three wheels, but those Nikens are quite a piece of engineering. I wouldn't mind trying one out.