Page 119 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1311

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Hey TM, i usually wear Sedici gloves. But for the last couple of weeks i have had my "Oven Mitt's" on the bars AAAAAAAAahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oven Mitts (hahaha). On my last trip i covered 1600 miles, 4 National Parks and saw temps from 36f-70f. The oven mitts were awesome, even when it dropped below 40F i did not need anything else on my hands. Every MC i past touring the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone(frosty mornings) i waved with a bare hand. When stopped i did get a lot of comments and some harassment about them, but hey... THey are warm!! :{P
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-handlebar-mitts-priceless-jpg

Sedici touring gloves, insulated/waterproof.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-sedici-touring-gloves-jpg
    Last edited by Rapturee; 12th October 2019 at 11:44. Reason: rented fingers, though my lease is about up
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Ah! Whatever works! I need to invest in some good cold weather gloves. I've just been wearing some black thinsulate gloves that are not motorcycle gloves. They are ok, but in the 40's and down fingertips get a little nippy. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Hey TM, i usually wear Sidici gloves. But for the last couple of weeks i have had my "Oven Mitt's" on the bars AAAAAAAAahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oven Mitts (hahaha). On my last trip i covered 4 National Parks and saw temps from 36f-70f. The oven mitts were awesome, even when it dropped below 40F i did not need anything else on my hands. Every MC i past touring the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone i waved with a bare hand. When stopped i did get a lot of comments and some harassment about them, but hey... THey are warm!! :{P
    I'm with you Rapturee. I have some expensive ones that I was given that do basically the same thing. I'm riding and no one else is. I think they look funny too but since I see no else I get not commentary

ya, i used them all the time hunting in the fall/winter on my Polaris ATV... It just never dawned on me to use them on the bike until this last spring. Huh, why not i thought to myself. im not one that cares too much about what others think(in this regard) so hey, why not. I'm still out riding and having a great time as long as it's not icy or snow covered...I'm Riding man!! (even with oven mitts haha), i may draw the line at using my Carhartt Eskimo/Blizzard suit though hahaha! :{P

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Ah! Whatever works! I need to invest in some good cold weather gloves. I've just been wearing some black thinsulate gloves that are not motorcycle gloves. They are ok, but in the 40's and down fingertips get a little nippy. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Heated grips are nice, I use mine most of the year at least in the morning to take the chill off while wearing my summer gloves and during the winter with my winter gloves of course

Bike: 15 NC700X

Oven mitts?

Quote Originally Posted by potter0o View Post
    I'm with you Rapturee. I have some expensive ones that I was given that do basically the same thing. I'm riding and no one else is. I think they look funny too but since I see no else I get not commentary
    I have been thinking quite a bit about Barkbuster Blizzards, or the Oxford RainSeal Handlebar Muffs-wondering if they'd fit over my existing Barkbusters.
    Is this what you mean by "oven mitts?"
    Temps are hitting low 40's, and even if I go heated grips, I wouldn't be able to buy and install until the spring, but want to keep riding until salt hits the streets.
    I have also been looking at these-https://smile.amazon.com/Professional-Motorcycle-Electric-Rechargable-snowboarding/dp/B07HFC5NN8
    - but I like the idea of something that stays on the bike, and cuts all of the wind for me. But I don't have any experience with them and was wondering if these "oven mitts" might work better than the gloves.. thanks

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Mine has been parked for the last few days. Temps dropped, rains came through the area, just unpleasant riding conditions so I switched to my car while waiting for the sunshine to return. Probably could have ridden yesterday but I was on the north side of Chicago at Northwestern University for a big regional fencing tournament all day. Weather was in the 50's but with pretty heavy winds, but nice and sunny. So riding would have been reasonable.

But I was pretty much locked up all day and the only riding I would have gotten was dealing with Chicago traffic, so no fun riding, just PITA city traffic from the far south side to the far north side. Better to do that in a car with a hot cup of coffee!

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Hawke View Post
    I have been thinking quite a bit about Barkbuster Blizzards, or the Oxford RainSeal Handlebar Muffs-wondering if they'd fit over my existing Barkbusters.
    Is this what you mean by "oven mitts?"
    Temps are hitting low 40's, and even if I go heated grips, I wouldn't be able to buy and install until the spring, but want to keep riding until salt hits the streets.
    I have also been looking at these-https://smile.amazon.com/Professional-Motorcycle-Electric-Rechargable-snowboarding/dp/B07HFC5NN8
    - but I like the idea of something that stays on the bike, and cuts all of the wind for me. But I don't have any experience with them and was wondering if these "oven mitts" might work better than the gloves.. thanks
    I actually have the Barkbuster Blizzards and would describe them more as a hand guard. They work at keeping the wind and rain off at motorcycle speeds. They don't add any warmth just take off the windchill factor. I'm not sure if they will fit over your existing Barkbusters. To get mine to work I need to remove the stock Honda bar ends and internal weights. I have been doing this for years now as I put them on when it is cold and take them off when it is hot. I could have put them on for last week's cold spell but I am delaying until the weather gets consistently cold. My only beef against them really is that I think they are expensive for what you get. They come with lots of bushings to fit different types of bars. I'm not sure if I would have purchased them if I had to pay the bill. I may have put more effort into heated gloves...I see the advantage of heated glove as it actually generates heat to counter the cold. I like to try things on before buying so I have never gone to this option with the limited selection available at local stores.

The RainSeal I would describe as more of an oven mitt. You can find a variety of types under the handlebar muff category. Something to keep in mind when looking at any type of flexible guard or muff is you don't want them pressing against your levels as you're riding. At speed the wind pressure can push them back so there often needs to be some tweaking to keep them in the right position.

Bike: NC700XA-C
    The UK has definitely become wintry, with horrible wet stuff falling out of the sky a lot. So, this afternoon as the sun came out, I took myself out to enjoy the evening. Nothing more relaxing than being on two wheels!

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-20191013_newforest-burley002-jpg

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-20191013_newforest-burley001-jpg

Hey Hawke, the Mitts are pictured here. I was merely being funny when i called them Oven-Mitts.

Here is a link to the ones i bought.. there are many other that all work very well too :{)

Motorcycle Scooter Bike Handlebar Grip Muffs Gloves Protection Mitts Hand Warmer | eBay