Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulplex View Post
    This morning I cleaned my bike within an inch of its life; quite therapeutic I think and a fantastic way to get reassurance that everything is where it should be.

That said, does anyone have suggestions on how to make the brown exhaust more appealing; will a spray paint adhere to such a hot pipe?

...and although movement in the chain is fine, with no tight spots or such to be found, should I be looking to replace a chain where the rubber o-rings are splitting and showing themselves between the links?

After all, wasn't it a fault in an o-ring that spelled disaster on Challenger shuttle and indeed the plane the singer Kirstie McColl was on?
    I would get a chain in your inventory. I would expect the wear to speed up when the factory lubricant is not sealed in.
    Last edited by potter0o; 24th August 2019 at 21:29. Reason: wording correction

Bike: NC700/RSVRV2/900SS/VFR750F2
    Fit a new Superlite RSX sprocket to my second drive hub. Looks nice and fit very well, same as the Sunstar.
    Attached Images Attached Images 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-10509rx-45-jpg 

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Aluminum or steel sprocket?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    This morning I cleaned my bike within an inch of its life; quite therapeutic I think and a fantastic way to get reassurance that everything is where it should be.

That said, does anyone have suggestions on how to make the brown exhaust more appealing; will a spray paint adhere to such a hot pipe?

...and although movement in the chain is fine, with no tight spots or such to be found, should I be looking to replace a chain where the rubber o-rings are splitting and showing themselves between the links?

After all, wasn't it a fault in an o-ring that spelled disaster on Challenger shuttle and indeed the plane the singer Kirstie McColl was on?
    As long as you don't have any tight spots I'd hold off, I'd order a replacement though.

I'm curious how you mounted your tool tube below the side cases, would you mind sharing some more pics and/or described how you did that?
    Last edited by rippin209; 26th August 2019 at 08:48.

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    I'm curious how you mounted your tool tube below the side cases, would you mind sharing some more pics and/or described how you did that?
    Tool tube installation - a couple of posts here showing how I did that :-)

Yesterday, I wasted a tank of fuel on underutilized and winding back roads. If that counts as a waste?

Last edited by Paulplex; 26th August 2019 at 01:35.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Rode the NC over to Madison Indiana to look at a motorcycle show on the river (no pics, sorry, didnt think about it...). Ran into Jay which I met last year at Kickstand 9 (he has the Ninja for anyone who has been to the Kickstand meet ups) and also lives in Indiana...he was on the Ninja and it was spotless....(told him he spends way too much time cleaning the bike..hehehe). Left and tried to ride hwy 62 to Friendship but rode was closed a few miles out (roads are closed everywhere it seems) but ended up in Vevay Indiana and hwy 56 back to Madison and them back home. My little camera wasn't turned on for hwy 62 but here is a video from 2 years ago (same road, but yesterday I was behind a few Tigers---zoom zoom):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: SV,NC,berg 570s
    Quote Originally Posted by FezUSA View Post
    Not really electronics, just a quarter (coin) sized piece with 2 wires on one side and 3 on the other. Technically it IS electronics as the guts are a diode, but there's really nothing to it, you connect the two wire side to the lights and the 3 wire side to your neutral, your indicator wire (color wire is different for each side of the bike), and the regular DRL wire. If you follow the wires from the stock DRL/indicators you're good to go. Using Posi-Taps made the whole thing a breeze.
    The device is more than just a diode

with just a diode, if a 2 wire light is attached to a 3 wire source, the light would always be lit by DRL so turn signal wouldn't do anything to it

I don't know how the device is set up, I see two options: one is that it runs the light at full brightness on DRL and then turns it off when the turn signal wire is powered, the other is that it runs it at reduced brightness on DRL and then full power when the turn signal wire is powered. I'd prefer the former.
    12 NC700X
    11 FE570
    11 FS570
    15 450/520XCF SM

Bike: 2012 NC700X

I gave my opinion on the chain but glanced right over the question about the exhaust, there is already paint designed for exhaust manifolds that is more then capable of withstanding the heat of the exhaust on the NC, the best way to do that would be removing the muffler, remove the exhaust, sand down the bare metal (just a little) use a rag and wipe down to remove dust, tape off or plug sensor hole, hang the exhaust somewhere you can spray paint it, hang vertical, start from the top and work your way down (don't apply to much at once or you'll get ugly drips) if needed apply multiple light coats.

If you do this share pics

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    I gave my opinion on the chain but glanced right over the question about the exhaust, there is already paint designed for exhaust manifolds that is more then capable of withstanding the heat of the exhaust on the NC, the best way to do that would be removing the muffler, remove the exhaust, sand down the bare metal (just a little) use a rag and wipe down to remove dust, tape off or plug sensor hole, hang the exhaust somewhere you can spray paint it, hang vertical, start from the top and work your way down (don't apply to much at once or you'll get ugly drips) if needed apply multiple light coats.

If you do this share pics
    I did that to my wife's Rebel 500 due to the OEM paint getting scratched. It works but...

1. Paint
    2. Install and idle for 10 minutes
    3. Wait an hour and idle for 20 minutes
    4. Wait an hour then ride for 30 minutes

Times are probably wrong but that's the process. The exhaust is insulated enough that it doesn't get as hot as they expect. After a few rides it'll be fine but it takes longer to cure than the instructions state. Of course you can use an oven if you have a spare.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk