Page 82 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulplex View Post
    We're having fantastic weather in the UK right now, albeit somewhat warmer than full leathers would warrant. But, all the gear all the time - even if I am overdressed for the sea - and took a detour on the commute home to the beach for a paddle...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
    Very nice, Dianese, you fancy!

I finally settled on the Cortech Latigo 2.0 suit, fits nicely, waiting on Alpinestars SMX S boots to come in. The used Cortech boots I picked up do not fit too good, too tight around ankle. Also my track rubbers came in, today. Dunlop Q3+, can't wait to see how they handle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2014 NC700XD, 2007 Piaggio MP3
    Packed up camp and happened across a small-town Stanley Cup parade. Got to touch it (and him)!

Rode to new brewery I've been meaning to visit (don't worry, mostly take-out).

Rode to a favourite brewery (don't worry, just take-out). Like it, in part, because of great riding nearby.

No more room for beer on the NC so...ice cream!

With an hour of riding ahead, rode into the sunset.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? frozenpoet's Avatar
    Bike: cbr600, NC700X
    Nothing. I haven't really been interested in riding this year. I still commute on it, but in my free time, I'd rather take my mountain bike out... At least I'm still in two wheels, right?

FYI, no complaints on my Pirelli Angel GT II
    I get 63 MPG, what do you get? Speeding tickets?
    I pack to camp but stay in a hotel because I have no idea what I'm doing...

instagram.com/J_in_the_va

on two wheels

Super Moderator 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    Nothing, really. I did remove the plastics off the Cycle Gear handguards, and determined that they were a significant contributor to the wind noise I was getting at the base of my helmet. I ordered an MRA spoiler to add to my Madstad.

I don’t do well in high temperatures. I’m waiting for the summer heat and brutal sunshine to pass. The riding season will return in September, I hope, and if I’m lucky, maybe even sooner!
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    Nothing, really. I did remove the plastics off the Cycle Gear handguards, and determined that they were a significant contributor to the wind noise I was getting at the base of my helmet. I ordered an MRA spoiler to add to my Madstad.

I donít do well in high temperatures. Iím waiting for the summer heat and brutal sunshine to pass. The riding season will return in September, I hope, and if Iím lucky, maybe even sooner!
    I need to look into a set of handguards.

Commuting to work and back, I always end up hitting the biggest, juciest, yellow slime-filled bugs, around my hands. Goes all over gloves, the front of my handlebar controls in cracks around the + shift button, all the little nooks and crannies, or it glances up and splatters all over my jacket. Had to wash jacket in sink the other night it was so bad.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: '18 NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I donít do well in high temperatures. Iím waiting for the summer heat and brutal sunshine to pass. The riding season will return in September, I hope, and if Iím lucky, maybe even sooner!
    I'm lucky, I'm warm blooded (or cold blooded??) and don't get uncomfortable until I get up around 80, at least partly because I've acclimated to NM weather.
    A month ago it was 105 in the Arizona desert and I was cool enough riding with a wicking long-sleeve T-shirt and vented jacket.

Just watched a new video on dealing with the heat. YouTube
    Didn't learn anything new except for the Cycle Chiller, a system that pumps cold water through a vest. Looks like a great idea, costs $270, might be worth it. CycleChillers - Cycle Chillers
    Last edited by Randy99CL; 26th July 2019 at 13:16.

Bike: 2018 NC750X DCT
    Well, I almost had a great ride. I've been on vacation this week and had a ride planned to go up the California coast on Highway 1 and stay overnight in Fort Bragg, then head back tomorrow. I was going to depart around 2:00 today after meeting with my contractor. That meeting got delayed, more issues to solve became front burner .... so no ride.

No ride, no fun, and an empty motel room, too late to cancel... and $185 down the toilet. I'm trying not to think about what else I could have done with that money. Or the time I thought would have been spent looking out at northern California's amazing, rugged coastline.

So, some other time. I hope you guys got in some nice rides.

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Went gravel hunting today. Hard to find in our urban area, but I did run across 6 or 7 patches several miles in length. No steep hills or tight switch backs, but it was fun to practice steering with my feet.

Last edited by drdubb; 27th July 2019 at 18:46.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? New Commuter700's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy99CL View Post
    I'm lucky, I'm warm blooded (or cold blooded??) and don't get uncomfortable until I get up around 80, at least partly because I've acclimated to NM weather.
    A month ago it was 105 in the Arizona desert and I was cool enough riding with a wicking long-sleeve T-shirt and vented jacket.

Just watched a new video on dealing with the heat. YouTube
    Didn't learn anything new except for the Cycle Chiller, a system that pumps cold water through a vest. Looks like a great idea, costs $270, might be worth it. CycleChillers - Cycle Chillers
    I just got home from work. More Saturday traffic than I like to deal with and it was 112 degrees (44.4 Celsius). Now I'm chillin' in the A/c with a Powerade before I start on the beer

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Most definitely not a day to wear a leather suit to the beach. A lot of people, all dressed more suitably than I.

But, 120 miles the long way around to Durdle Door in Dorset makes it worth while ...and to cool off as you get back on the bike? Open the visor and ride faster!

#BoilInTheBag