Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Mmmm!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Now you're talking!! :{P
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Rode with my buddy again today. He had invited me for a ride and mentioned that we would meet a buddy of his and head for breakfast, no prob. I get up early and leave my place at 0515 to make it up to his place, then ride to our destination to meet his buddy for breakfast. I ride an hour to his place, then he and i ride another hour to the place to meet his buddy for breakfast. We get there and i see it is a group of CMA riders, way cool. We go in and have breakfast and participate in their morning meeting. Nice to meet a bunch of good folks, diverse group of bikes and had a great time. The food was pretty good as well. Several of them were all headed out for a ride. A couple of them were headed out to ride some of the WaBDR.

Dale- There was a new CB500x there and i got to check it out. He wa all dressed up for the WaBDR, wow that was a nicely outfitted bike!

Great ride, pretty cool meeting as it was my first CMA function(i am not a member of any group, i just like to ride, most often for pie haha). i rode a total of 183 mile today and ended up getting 84.2 mpg. So i'm really not seeing any drop in mpg with the 705's on the bike, the mpg seems to be hanging in there much to my delight. :{)

Small group meeting that morning i was told. The guy in front in shorts with his GF had just been in a nasty accident last night on his way home. A young gal texting ran a red light in front of him and he t-boned her car with his bog bmw bike square in the front fender. He said it launched him from the bike, over the handle bars and her hood doing at least one flip he recalls and landing on the other side barely knicking his helmet as he landed on his back/buttocks. He said it didn't even knock the air/wind out of him. He went on to say that when he landed, he laid there for a moment thinking "i'm OK, i think i'll get up now". He stood to his feet and walked back to the scene with only minor scrapes/abrasions. Incredible damage to his beemer he said, totalling it.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-deer-park-cma-ride-breakfast-w-sam-jpg

Sam and i were the only two NC's there, but it was really cool to see a nicely outfitted Cb500x for the first time. Nice bike.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-deer-park-cma-ride-breakfast-w-sam2-jpg
    Last edited by Rapturee; 20th July 2019 at 18:00.
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    I know this doesn't compare to most scenic rides posted here but I've been fighting my way through rural rush hours like this lately. Attachment 38665 As nice as it is to have virtually vehicle-free roads to pick from many are buckled every 50 feet or downright falling apart. And I'm sorry I implied those with butthurt syndrome just need to ride more. .95kg springs and Attachment 38666 go on this weekend. I'm already looking at that seat, debating 1" or 2" fork tube extenders and more adjustable bars.
    Installed those Race tech .90Kg springs and that 2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 rear shock. And new fork oil. Did it the hard(headed) way by watching a few youtube videos and diving in. Taking it apart was easy. What the videos don't show is the fun (sarcasm) in putting it back together. Surprised the fork oil was a little dirty at 600mi.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: '14 DCT
    Took the Ride Like a Pro Advanced Rider Course on Sunday. It was very good and had some challenging parts to it. Well worth the money and time. It seems to be set up for cruisers and the instructor had to adjust the cones for me on almost all of the exercises. I'd like to say it was due to my skill. I reality, it was due to the more maneuverable bike.

I feel like someone beat me with a stick this morning. I can't imagine what the cruiser riders must feel like right now.

My transmissions acting weird now. It adapted to the exercises and is now holding 1st gear way too long in normal riding. It may take a day or two for it to figure out I'm no longer taking the course
    "Roads are just a suggestion, like pants."

Bike: 2013 NC700S
    I like that they posted their information so you can practice if you want.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc True View Post
    Took the Ride Like a Pro Advanced Rider Course on Sunday. It was very good and had some challenging parts to it. Well worth the money and time. It seems to be set up for cruisers and the instructor had to adjust the cones for me on almost all of the exercises. I'd like to say it was due to my skill. I reality, it was due to the more maneuverable bike.

I feel like someone beat me with a stick this morning. I can't imagine what the cruiser riders must feel like right now.

My transmissions acting weird now. It adapted to the exercises and is now holding 1st gear way too long in normal riding. It may take a day or two for it to figure out I'm no longer taking the course
    I've wondered about the computer's ability to learn shift patterns. I don't use D mode on my particular model, it's terrible. But in S mode, it seems to want to stay in 5th unless I am going really fast, so most the time I end up upshifting into 6th myself in the 60-65mph range.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: '14 DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    I've wondered about the computer's ability to learn shift patterns. I don't use D mode on my particular model, it's terrible. But in S mode, it seems to want to stay in 5th unless I am going really fast, so most the time I end up upshifting into 6th myself in the 60-65mph range.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Almost the entire course is done in 1st. I just used manual mode for the entire thing. I didn't want it to shift into 2nd while I was doing some crazy tight maneuver and cause me to dump the bike or run over the instructor. It adapted everything just from that. I thought about doing a reset, but now I'm curious how long it will take to revert to normal.
    "Roads are just a suggestion, like pants."

Super Moderator 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    The DCT’s ability to actually learn has been long debated on past threads. There are riders who believe, and riders that don’t believe and/or found no evidence that the phenomenon exists or possibly even was claimed to exist.

Personally, if my tranny behaved abnormally today because of how I rode yesterday, I’d be annoyed. On the other hand, if I could put a DCT into a specific programming mode and teach it to shift when I want to shift, that would be a great feature. Or say if I rode in manual mode for a few days, I could teach the DCT to automatically shift when I would, instead of when D or S mode would shift. But how long would that learned behavior be retained until I’d need to teach it again? Or why then bother with auto mode at all?

This thread touches on the DCT learning topic: Any Difference Between Models
    Maybe we should take any further discussion over there, if there’s a place to fit it in.
    Last edited by 670cc; 22nd July 2019 at 10:49.
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: '13 NC700X, '09 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
    Turned over 30,000 miles.
    I'm not smart enough for a smart phone, so all I have is a dumb phone.
    GPS? Why would I want one of them? You can't get lost, there's no fun in that.