Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Yesterday I installed the 2 NEMO 2 chain oilers. Didn't have time to test ride the bikes as I had plans for the evening.

This morning I took out my bike, ran out for a cup of coffee (30 miles southwest) looked at the oiler when I stopped and it was working perfectly. Took the long way home by heading away from home along a river road for a few more miles.

Got home just before lunch, jumped on my wife's bike and headed eastbound. Stopped about 15 miles out to check the oiler and it was slowly dripping oil onto the ground. I did NOT realize it but the way I had it adjusted the wheel nuts would made contact with the drip tube. As the rear wheel starting spinning the wheel nuts "re-adjusted" the position of the drip tube. So I changed the adjustment a bit and continued eastbound. Stopped in a small town to triple check my re-adjusted adjustment of the drip tube. Perfect. Good to go. Started northbound and made a big loop to get back home. Checked again at home, still perfect.

Regardless of brand, if you buy a chain oiler, from time to time you may want to check to make sure it is actually depositing oil where you want the oil deposited

Bike: Honda NC700X

Took a little road trip on the Lincoln Highway in iowa today.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-20190713_114200-jpg
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-20190713_114128-jpg

Bike: 2012 Honda NC700x
    Suspension and brake.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? Afan's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 NC700X DCT
    Friend of mine and I went to Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA for test-ride. He has BMW 1200RT and wanted to test Africa Twin, I wanted to try XR650 and NC750X. Since somebody tested AT right before we arrived to the dealership, my friend didn't get any problem to get AT. When I asked for XR, the lady at the front desk said it doesn't have battery?!?!? Then I asked for CRF250 Rally - no battery either. Then I asked for NC750 - it's not ready for test ride. Already very pissed off, asked her what #@%#@% can I test then at all?!? She offered me Kawasaki Versys?!? Then, really pissed off, told her "thank you, I'm going to test ride my own bike".
    And, when we are leaving the building, she told to my friend to not go to far. "To the bridge and back, because we don't want to put a lot of miles on bikes". The best way to explain the distance is to show you on the Google map. My friend asked her does she really think a bike can be tested for that distance?
    I just know that I'm not going to use their service any more. For sure.
    Last edited by Afan; 13th July 2019 at 22:31.
    Instead million dollars, give me million miles!

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Afan View Post
    Friend of mine and I went to Garvis Honda in Des Moines, IA for test-ride. He has BMW 1200RT and wanted to test Africa Twin, I wanted to try XR650 and NC750X. Since somebody tested AT right before we arrived to the dealership, my friend didn't get any problem to get AT. When I asked for XR, the lady at the front desk said it doesn't have battery?!?!? Then I asked for CRF250 Rally - no battery either. Then I asked for NC750 - it's not ready for test ride. Already very pissed off, asked her what #@%#@% can I test then at all?!? She offered me Kawasaki Versys?!? Then, really pissed off, told her "thank you, I'm going to test ride my own bike".
    And, when we are leaving the building, she told to my friend to not go to far. "To the bridge and back, because we don't want to put a lot of miles on bikes". The best way to explain the distance is to show you on the Google map. My friend asked her does she really think a bike can be tested for that distance?
    I just know that I'm not going to use their service any more. For sure.
    Lol I live in north AL and was in Gulf Shores (south AL - 6 hrs south of home) on vacation last week. Been needing to change oil in the NC and since local honda dealers have closed where I live, nearest dealers are an hours' drive in two different directions. Was out for ice cream one night in Gulf Shores and noticed a Gulf Powersports dealer that sold Honda motorcycles. Called the next day to see if they had oil filter and dct filter in stock as I would drop by on the way home and grab stuff for oil change.

Dumbass old guy in parts dept on phone with me first said "I've never heard of that bike" then I repeated slowly it was an N-C-7-0-0-X (he thought I said ZX as in Kawasaki). He finally said "oh, ok, aint that a scooter?" ......it was difficult not to be a super asshole at this point. Said he was pulling up the parts fische and to give him a minute. Questioned my request for 2 different filters like that was strange, even though he claimed to know about the dct trans. Finally he said parts fische only listed one oil filter for it. I explained the deal with the dct and where the 2 filters are located. I didn't have the part numbers on hand at the time, so I told him I would do some research and call him back. Pulled up nc forum, sourced both part numbers and called him back. The only filter his parts fische pulled up was the dct filter, which is odd. He said there was nothing on the part number for the screw on filter and that it didn't prompt him for a parts fische for either manual or dct. At this point I was stupified. I told him I will just order the correct shit online and hung up. Got 4 qts gn4 oil, screw on filter, crush washer, dct filter, and o ring for $65 on ebay from a Honda dealer about 2 hours northwest of me. Damn tempted to take a picture of all of it with part numbers and email that dealer informing them they need more educated employees.

I figured they had to have a NC750X on their showroom, and how could they sell a new bike and not even know how to look up parts for a full oil change for it? Checked their site and no NC750X listed, although it looked like all other current Honda models were. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm glad I have a great dealership.

It's a small Honda shop, pretty old school set up, but they know bikes. In fact they know them so well that the service department fixes other brands and there are plenty of Suzuki, Kawasaki and even the occasional HD bikes that get serviced by their shop.

Only complaint I have is the shop is not big enough to carry all the stuff I want to buy. But they will order it!

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? Afan's Avatar
    Bike: 2013 NC700X DCT
    I remember when I was visiting Guy the guy (1wiseguy2) for tech day, he ordered for me air-filter, and I picked it up on my way to the Guy's garage. Several "kids" in the store, as staff, bike enthusiasts. Those that work first half of the day in the dealership, and 2nd half of the day ride around. Very friendly, smiling, chatty... helpful... kids.
    Contrary to that somber bi*** I had to deal yesterday...
    Last edited by Afan; 14th July 2019 at 08:24.
    Instead million dollars, give me million miles!

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    So glad I have a good dealer. I try to give them business whenever I can.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

115 miles (round trip) to have lunch.

Clams & Mussels w/andouille sausage in a white wine sauce. Magnolia Brewing's Pecan Nut Brown Ale. Band was playing under a tent. They had outdoor seating but its in the 90's and humid so I opted to sit inside. They have big overhead doors that open to the outside so I could hear the band fine but enjoyed the shade and still had a bit of a breeze.

Probably have 750 miles in the Corbin seat. My butt was a bit tender at the end the run but I think some of that might have been related to the fact that I was hot and sweaty from my feet to my head... butt included. When its in the mid-90s, humid and there is full sun, its pretty hard to be an ATGATT guy. I was wearing mesh gear but was still sweltering.

Eventually took off my gloves (Dianese mesh) which helped a lot more than you'd guess. Removing my gloves opens up the end of the sleeves to air and that blows up my arms and out the big mesh vent in my back. My sleeves have full length mesh panels but it seems like open cuff brings in more air than the big mesh openings.
    Last edited by melensdad; 14th July 2019 at 14:22.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? dduelin's Avatar
    Bike: NC700XD, ST1300, Elite 80
    Quote Originally Posted by kpinvt View Post
    I use a thin piece of Styrofoam wedged in behind the nut to keep it in place.
    Foam, folded paper, bit of wood from coffee stirrer, clipped end of a zip tie.... they all work.
    Dave

GL1800
    NC700XD