Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    You just never do a good job until you draw blood, so just get that out of the way first and then you are set for success haha! :{P
    If bleeding is a requirement then I am a freaking expert mechanic

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? frozenpoet's Avatar
    Bike: cbr600, NC700X
    Mounted a set of Pirelli angel GT 2 tires.
    I get 63 MPG, what do you get? Speeding tickets?
    I pack to camp but stay in a hotel because I have no idea what I'm doing...

instagram.com/J_in_the_va

on two wheels

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Track suit came in today, but it's a little too snug. Gotta exchange for one size bigger. Suit quality is good tho, much better than the Heine Gericke I had back in the day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 14 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenpoet View Post
    Mounted a set of Pirelli angel GT 2 tires.
    Thinking about getting these, please give a update once you’ve had time to test them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished the lighting project tonight. Much faster than expected, not much swearing, no blood and it all works!!!

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Took a look at the front PR4 and it is getting close to the wear bars. Close to 22k km or 13.5 k miles. Will see if I can get another or move to the pr5.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Hey Potter, have you given any thought to attending the meeting over in Nakusp this weekend..? I was trying to make it but plans have changed and i won't be able to attend this year. I do have my sights set on it for next year though, looks like a good time. :{)

Nakusp
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? frozenpoet's Avatar
    Bike: cbr600, NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by spads25 View Post
    Thinking about getting these, please give a update once you’ve had time to test them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've used three sets of the GT 1s and have been really happy with them. Only one set burned out before 10k miles and I did an overloaded, two up, two week tour on them.

I'm expecting nothing but good things from the GT2.
    I get 63 MPG, what do you get? Speeding tickets?
    I pack to camp but stay in a hotel because I have no idea what I'm doing...

instagram.com/J_in_the_va

on two wheels

Got phtoobucket to accept images again.

Here are the lights on the bikes, finished the install last night. Can you see us now?

The Denali DRL white LEDs on the front are ridiculously bright lights, spread a wide beam 180 degrees and are easily visible from the side and the front. I love these. There are a lot of cheaper LEDs out there, I love these and recommend them for those who want to be SEEN by others. DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights with Universal Offset Mounting Kit | Amber or White | TwistedThrottle.com

Cheap surface mount 2 function Amber/Red LEDs. I mounted these on the back side of my Hepco & Becker panniers. I wanted something that would not require me to drill holes in the boxes because the boxes are waterproof and didn't want to destroy the waterproof integrity of the boxes. They work. Not sure they will last very long, but at $12/pair I can afford to replace them. In any case they are on and hopefully will last for the duration of our upcoming trip. If they fail I'll look for a better set but they were what I could find and get quickly.
    Amazon.com: Purishion 2x Universal Flexible LED Turn Signal Tail Brake License Plate Light Integrated for Motorcycle Bike ATV Car RV SUV, Brake/Running Tail Light(2Pack) (Amber Red): Automotive

My wife's Givi V35 side cases came with reflectors. I ordered a set of ADMORE lights and installed them behind the lenses on the V35 cases.
    LEDV35-S-TS - AdMore Lighting Inc.

I also have a Custom Dynamics LED all-in-one license plate frame on mine. After installing it I was not impress. It's not very bright. No plans to add one of these to my wife's bike. I've seen HD's with this as the only rear light source. Can't recommend it. It might be legal. It is not noticeable. Not all LEDs are created equal. This is a well made unit but its just not bright enough to catch much attention.
    Custom Dynamics LED All-In-One Flat License Plate Frame - RevZilla

Because the cargo boxes are removable I wanted the lights to have a quick connect system so the lights stay on the boxes. Used these. Electrical tape with heat shrink tube over the top to keep the connections dry.
    Amazon.com: WESIRI 5Pairs 3 Core 3pin Black Pigtail Plastics Waterproof IP65 LED Connector for Male Female 40cm/Pair Applicable 0.75mm2 22mm Nut LED Lights: Home Improvement
    Last edited by melensdad; 11th July 2019 at 05:50.

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    A little late: on Sunday I rode the NC up to Nashville Indiana. Here is a little video out of Story towards Nashville:

Yesterday, decided it was too dang hot to do yard work after I got home from work (94'F at 7pm) so I took the NC out for a spin:
    My neighborhood:

and my road home:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]