Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    An inexpensive digital caliper will take the guess work out of mushrooming those rivets. Easy to use and you’ll sleep better

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I can relate to all of your post (including working in the heat and love for shaft drive comments). I, too, still feel uneasy about just how tight to rivet the master link. I once over tightened the rivets and had to press the pins out and start over with a new link. Itís a skill you learn over time, I guess.

I have done several chains successfully with the Motion Pro PBR chain tool, and it is holding up well. I think the price of it was reasonable.
    Yep, I think MotionPro is the next buy...for a 520 chain... On a side note...I went and test rode the new Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor..that is a sweet bike at that price... (I rode the NC700x over to the test ride)..It is geared similiar to the nc700x, almost the same HP, and the stock seat is slightly better than the stock Nc700 seat LOL...if it only was shaft drive......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    An inexpensive digital caliper will take the guess work out of mushrooming those rivets. Easy to use and you’ll sleep better
    digital caliper can only be used to measure the thickness of the plates as compared to the other links and you have to remove the riveter to measure after you have already did the rivet,,,or am I missing something (not a mechanic by nature or trade---unless it is a computer)....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike: '14 Honda NC700XD, '71 Honda SL350
    Ordered a set of GIVI Gravel soft panniers. Thinking about doing a couple of sections of the MABDR this summer. Maybe the whole thing next spring. One of the managers at my dealer just did the whole thing. He says section 2 was one of the best. I can leave the house and get to the start in four hours. Section one is 138 miles of deep gravel. Spend the night at Mountain Lake Lodge (Dirty Dancing) Section two is 78 miles, supposed to be really great riding and views, then home in 4 hours. Two days, one night. Good trial for this old man. Haven't ridden a full day in two years. Better work on getting in shape.
    Dance as if no one is watching.

Bike: 2013 NC700S
    Quote Originally Posted by davidc83 View Post
    digital caliper can only be used to measure the thickness of the plates as compared to the other links and you have to remove the riveter to measure after you have already did the rivet,,,or am I missing something (not a mechanic by nature or trade---unless it is a computer)....
    The install has two parts. One part is pressing the plate to match the other links. One part mushrooming the heads to the diameter specified by the manufacturer.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by drdubb View Post
    Ordered a set of GIVI Gravel soft panniers. Thinking about doing a couple of sections of the MABDR this summer. Maybe the whole thing next spring. One of the managers at my dealer just did the whole thing. He says section 2 was one of the best. I can leave the house and get to the start in four hours. Section one is 138 miles of deep gravel. Spend the night at Mountain Lake Lodge (Dirty Dancing) Section two is 78 miles, supposed to be really great riding and views, then home in 4 hours. Two days, one night. Good trial for this old man. Haven't ridden a full day in two years. Better work on getting in shape.
    Sounds fun! Im not too big on offroading the NC or camping, road riding is just my preference, but that does sound like a fun, challenging trip.

I have been bitten by the trackday bug after 10 years of not being able to ride on the track. Now's my chance! I got it cleared with Sportbike Track Time to allow me to pass tech with my highway peg setup, so I've gotta round up some leathers, boots, gloves, and some sticky rubbers and go hammer all 51 mini-horses the 670cc pumps out this fall. May not be pretty, and definitely won't be the fastest, but it's gonna be fun as hell!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? GgarryP's Avatar
    Bike: 2016 NC700X
    Another great ride in the North Carolina mountains. Beautiful tree canopy covered curvy roads with an occasional scenic view. Most of these secondary roads are well paved yet have almost no traffic. When I do get behind someone they often pull over to let me go by. Other times I'll stop a few minutes and let them get well ahead.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Garry

Two wheels and keels

Bike: 2016 NC700x DCT + 2018 NC750x DCT
    100 miles yesterday. Yesterday was just a test ride with the new Corbin seat on the way to the post office to mail a box to my daughter. 96 miles to get to the post office. 4 miles back home

This morning my wife and rode to get a grilled cheese sandwich at a dairy farm that has a restaurant on the property. They use their own cheese. So 66 miles for a sandwich.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Sounds like Fair Oaks. Quite a place..

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Sadly, no motorbike ...but I'm on the side of the pond where most of this forum live, celebrating Independence Day (or Traitors Day as we Brits call it) in Santa Barbara.

Anyone want to lend me their NC for the day tomorrow...?