Page 68 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? davidc83's Avatar
    Bike: Suzuki C50; 2009 klx250sf; 2013 Nc700
    Southern Indiana/Central Florida-part time snow bird..
    Ok rippin, you have to link those mirrors or the name of them...how difficult were they to wire into the existing turn signals (or however you hooked them up).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 670cc's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X, GL1800, KLX140G, CRF250L Rally, Ruckus 50
    In the cool morning, rode the NC to a Redbox to get a movie. It’s getting too hot midday to ride or work outside, so it’s a good time to retreat to the cool basement for an afternoon movie.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-d23c899e-82ec-4b64-b33e-c8f31b269926-jpg
    Greg
    GWRRA Member
    AMA Life Member
    "Quarter Million Mile Club"

NanCyX . . . . . . . . . . The 250

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Once again I want to say I haven't ridden more than a mile or two so I'm not recommending these yet

OKSTNO Universal Motorcycle Indicator 10mm 8mm Rear View Side Mirrors Integrated LED Turn Signals Fit for Street Bikes Cruiser Scooters https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072PVGKMP..._r0KfDb4RZJDX8

The writing was much simpler than expected actually, because I'm using the turn signal mirrors in addition to the stock turn signals and not as a replacement it's just hooking up the wires, the mirrors are led so very little draw but no hyper flash (although I'm not actually against that) because the original bulb type turn signals are still being used

Each connector has 3 wires, 2 of them have an exposed metal connector and they are side by side. The green is ground and the wire next to that (orange on right side and blue on left) is for the flashing turn signal, I'm assuming the wire opposite is for the constant running light. The wiring for led is usually small (some times annoying so) but here that is helpful.
    Last edited by rippin209; 28th June 2019 at 10:40.

Internet image but it's a better picture

I got the correct led wire, twisted the wire and inserted it in the correct terminal,
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

I then bent it so it's laying down the length of the connector, 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? and then simply plug it in, it requires more of a push to get it to click but it did for me at least
    Last edited by rippin209; 28th June 2019 at 11:03.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by rippin209 View Post
    I finished the repairs to my NC

Handlebars
    Foot peg
    Mirrors
    Shifter assembly

The bars were a simple swap over, went smoother and easier then expected actually

Foot peg, just installed a new one

The replacement mirrors are some cheap things I got off Amazon, but they've got built in blinkers which is pretty cool, the one consistent complaint about cheap after market mirrors is the edge not being ground or having anything applied to stop glare at certain angles, I'm planning on applying a thin layer of black gasket sealant around the edge, hopefully that works

The most challenging part was the shifter assembly, it was bent on 3 places, bench vise and a monkey wrench strained it out in 10 min, the assembly was ripped off the rear mount and hanging from the transmission side

The rear mount was stripped out and oblong, I drilled it to round again, made my own heli coil by getting 2 nuts and grinding them round then pounding them into the aluminum hole. The steel mounting holly isn't a bolt it's very specifically for that part so I was luckily able to straighten the thread portion, it all buttoned up nicely and is working perfectly, I test rode it across town to get some tie straps from harbor freight 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    I'll post pics later
    Man I am so torn on the VFRX. I think I have talked myself out of it, and just waiting to see what Honda comes out with in the next year or two since discontinuing the VFRX. VFRX weighs a whopping 630ish lbs with DCT. Tires are 10 mm narrower both front and rear than the NC's. People talk about the weight of it often, like its not something flickable in the curves like the NC. I'd say handling barely surpasses power in terms of what matters most to me, so I may just stick with the NC. Maybe trade up to a 750x one day. Just for a little extra power.....but a few hp and tq doesn't seem worth the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    In the cool morning, rode the NC to a Redbox to get a movie. Itís getting too hot midday to ride or work outside, so itís a good time to retreat to the cool basement for an afternoon movie.
    2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?-d23c899e-82ec-4b64-b33e-c8f31b269926-jpg
    Living the life! I hate the heat. Rode mine to work today, like riding into a hair dryer. Hit some sort of gigantic bug that blew guts all over the chin of my helmet and down on the shoulder of my jacket. Come on fall. No heat, bugs, or grass to mow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TacomaJD; 28th June 2019 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    Man I am so torn on the VFRX. I think I have talked myself out of it, and just waiting to see what Honda comes out with in the next year or two since discontinuing the VFRX. VFRX weighs a whopping 630ish lbs with DCT. Tires are 10 mm narrower both front and rear than the NC's. People talk about the weight of it often, like its not something flickable in the curves like the NC. I'd say handling barely surpasses power in terms of what matters most to me, so I may just stick with the NC. Maybe trade up to a 750x one day. Just for a little extra power.....but a few hp and tq doesn't seem worth the extra cost.

Living the life! I hate the heat. Rode mine to work today, like riding into a hair dryer. Hit some sort of gigantic bug that blew guts all over the chin of my helmet and down on the shoulder of my jacket. Come on fall. No heat, bugs, or grass to mow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I've decided I'm buying they Feher air conditioned helmet but sense I'm not riding much this season I'm going to buy my gear when it's on sale and hold off on the helmet until next year, March or so.

When it's not like that it really sucks the fun out of riding
    Last edited by rippin209; 28th June 2019 at 13:10.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    I've decided I'm buying they Feher air conditioned helmet but sense I'm not riding much this season I'm going to buy my gear when it's on sale and hold off on the helmet until next year, March or so
    I was not aware they made an a/c helmet LOL. I'm sure that ain't cheap.

That Shoei GT-Air that I just bought has been great in the venting department. I am so happy with that helmet, so glad I dropped the coin on it. Still doesn't matter when it's 95 degree air blowing in the helmet, but it does a better job at venting and flowing air in than any other helmet I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaJD View Post
    I was not aware they made an a/c helmet LOL. I'm sure that ain't cheap.

That Shoei GT-Air that I just bought has been great in the venting department. I am so happy with that helmet, so glad I dropped the coin on it. Still doesn't matter when it's 95 degree air blowing in the helmet, but it does a better job at venting and flowing air in than any other helmet I've ever had.
    $600 currently, I was comfortable dropping $400 on a new helmet without ac, I'll save my money and drop a couple hundred extra for the one with ac later instead.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Rode the NC to work every day this week, glad today is over though. I still have to go in tomorrow for a few hours to finish up a job, then heading out for a ride after that!! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? New Commuter700's Avatar
    Bike: NC700X
    $600 currently, I was comfortable dropping $400 on a new helmet without ac, I'll save my money and drop a couple hundred extra for the one with ac later instead.
    I might consider that, it was well over 100 today. I'm wondering what the amp draw is though.

https://tinkergr.wixsite.com/website