Page 58 of 78 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Got off from work a little early again today so i grabbed the opportunity to take a short ride over into Spokane Washington. I stopped off at Dick's Drive-In for a Huckleberry Shake. Then rode home to work on some Honey-Do's... :{P
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: NC700X DCT, WR250X
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Man, the reviews on that Alibaba oiler were pretty bad. Anxious to see how it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve had a few oilers and this one works better than any of the more expensive ones Iíve had. Easy to use, simple design. The trick is to fill it properly and maintain the seal/vacuum on the reservoir. There are some YouTube videos that show how to properly fill it and bleed it.

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Afan's locked frunk problem prompted me to buy a spare key for my NC (Yes I know it wouldn't help his problem). I'd been meaning to get a backup for touring for a while. Now there's one at home, the user key and the extra to carry.

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyM View Post
    Afan's locked frunk problem prompted me to buy a spare key for my NC (Yes I know it wouldn't help his problem). I'd been meaning to get a backup for touring for a while. Now there's one at home, the user key and the extra to carry.
    My frunk key is different than the ignition key, they are connected via 2 small key rings linked together (better flexibility), and I have yet to have the slightest issue of locking them in anything. If they are not in the frunk or ignition, they go into my jeans pocket, never jacket pocket. I don't think I will be taking my pants off and locking them in the frunk (unless its a real party), so it's a pretty failsafe deal. I am thinking about linking the two with thicker key rings to eliminate any slight potential for losing one or the other though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bike: 2016 NC750X DCT
    Shit happens. When I tour I carry extra fuel and a flat repair kit although I've never needed them. Having an extra key doesn't seem out of line.

Bike: 2015 NC700X, 2012 ST1300A
    On trips, I trade the extra key with a friend. Therefore I donít lock my primary and extra away somewhere by accident.

JT

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Quote Originally Posted by Jt105 View Post
    On trips, I trade the extra key with a friend. Therefore I donít lock my primary and extra away somewhere by accident.

JT
    Same here; if I'm going away for a weekend with my wife as pillion, she carries a spare set on her.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today? GregC's Avatar
    Bike: 2015 NC700x DCT
    Ditto. One of my riding partners (usually my brother) gets one of mine and I get his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    Today i rode to work and to an appt. Tomorrow will be different ahahahaa...! I'll hit the Dr's office early for my treatment apt, and if all is well then i'll hit the road and head north to Canada to ride the Selkirk Loop! I will be stopping often for some great pics, hope they all turn out nicely! :{)
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

Bike: 2013 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    Today i rode to work and to an appt. Tomorrow will be different ahahahaa...! I'll hit the Dr's office early for my treatment apt, and if all is well then i'll hit the road and head north to Canada to ride the Selkirk Loop! I will be stopping often for some great pics, hope they all turn out nicely! :{)
    I don't know much about crossing into Canada since I live wayyyyy far from there, but what is required of you to be able to pass into Canada? How does the border crossing work?