Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Learned the centerstand has limits. This was after knocking the bike over from pushing too hard on a tire plug. No real damage since it hit the wall first and shaved three inches off the brake lever I never used anyway. After riding I could tell it was pulling left/pushing right. While I was straightening the front wheel I decided to add some 5wt fork oil. The caps were tough to get back on but straightening the wheel and adding some oil has already made a pretty big difference for me. I was also able to get one turn in the rear shock's preload. enough. It improved handling enough i probably won't mess with it for a while.

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    I know there are conversations about dash cams for bikes elsewhere in this forum but I note a camera under the beak of your bike. Which system did you install and would you recommend it?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Quote Originally Posted by 670cc View Post
    I'm curious whether your deer strike was day or night time. Iíve pretty much stopped riding at night for fear of animal encounters, although I still see plenty of them during the day. My closest encounter was daytime in Colorado where a small deer shot out of the woods but had the sense to veer and run right along side me for a few seconds. It was so close I could have put a leg out and touched it. Scary stuff.

Yours was a bad incident, but Iím glad youíre in reasonably good shape. Thanks for sharing the event details and your advice.
    It was 530am so it was dark, literally the most active time for deer.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Senior Member 2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: SV,WR,YZ,NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulplex View Post
    I know there are conversations about dash cams for bikes elsewhere in this forum but I note a camera under the beak of your bike. Which system did you install and would you recommend it?

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
    I think it's an innov k1 but forget... was on the bike when I bought it and have never looked at footage. it does appear to have some dirt behind the lens so I doubt video quality is great at this point.
    12 NC700X
    14 WR450F SM
    15 450/520XCF SM

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRocket View Post
    I went up to Santa Barbara Wine Country for the night and had a nice ride back home today.
    Believe it or not there's 9 bottles of wine onboard. 6 in the frunk, 2 in the tank bag and one in my Givi tail bag with my luggage.
    OMG. A PIE GUY and a WINE GUY.

Soul Mates
    Last edited by 670cc; 29th May 2019 at 15:14. Reason: Fixed quote punctuation/syntax.

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..

Bike: 2012 NC700X
    Update. With some duct tape, epoxy and ingenuity I have the bike road ready again. After some rest and staying off of my foot I'm ready for some road again.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Bike: 2015 NC700x
    Nice aggie engineering on the bodywork. Gorilla Glue makes a clear duct tape that'll hold on smooth plastic as good as their other stuff.
    Now that I live in the country my biggest fear riding is wayward animals followed by large, monstrous farm equipment. There's no good way to collide with a cow on a motorcycle. Or a deer. Sometimes you can slide under a tractor. Not a cow.

It's the main reason I felt the need to pick up a cheap fleabay silencer with almost no resistance. In this town 4 out of 5 bikes are Harley's or similar with modded or straight exhaust (and half the trucks) so it's still under the noise radar, if there is one.

Bike: NC700XA-C
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    There's no good way to collide with a cow on a motorcycle.
    Serious topic of course and actually I've GoPro footage of a near miss I had of a cow in the forest, late at night:

...but reading this and I have the mental image of a cow riding a motorbike. Would need to be something big, like a Goldwing or the like - for a big old bull to sit comfortably.
    Last edited by Paulplex; 30th May 2019 at 15:29.

Bike: 2012 NC700x
    haha, that'll be the next Chic-Fil-A ad...several "cows" on "hogs" yelling "Eat More Chicken" haha...!! (sorry)

Today i rode the NC in to my treatment appointment. All went well today, so i stopped off at Willy's Famous Texas BBQ for some fresh, hot, homemade Strawberry/Rhubarb PIE on the way home,
    Bahaha!! :{)

picture to follow :{P
    Last edited by Rapturee; 30th May 2019 at 19:20.
    Fiat Justicia et Peret Mundus = Do the Right thing, Come what May!

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?
    Bike: 2016 NC700 DCT, latest in a long line
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapturee View Post
    haha, that'll be the next Chic-Fil-A ad...several "cows" on "hogs" yelling "Eat More Chicken" haha...!! (sorry)
    :{)
    Heard it here first!!

Iím supposed to respect my elders, but itís getting harder and harder for me to find one now ..